AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (brendo), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23117 Topics
408818 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17876
pmbuko 16328
SirQuack 13356
CV 11422
MarkSJohnson 11088
Meanwhile On Facebook

(y) if this is how music makes you feel.

May the Fourth be with you all!

(y) Great review from Christopher B! "The VP150 is an excellent center channel...

Any roadies / concert lovers out there think this is as cool as I do?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Birthday x 2 by JohnK @ 27 minutes 13 seconds ago

Another birthday double-header comes up on Wednesday. Tom(exlabdriver)and Steve Roode(haven't heard from Steve in quite a while)will be celebrating. Happy Birthday, guys!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by bridgman @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooYes, these are real, built and owned by a friend of a friend. Both are huge vintage stereophiles ... Given the size of those speakers, it's not clear exactly where the parentheses should go in your second sentence...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by JohnK @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Yeah skins, we can never underestimate the ability of our ears, or more specifically mind, to play tricks on us. Any permanent speaker break-in occurs in a matter of seconds, probably during testing at the factory. Despite lack of hard evidence to
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by JohnK @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

Graeme, good to hear from you again, and a belated Happy Birthday from last Thursday.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

Chess - I will swing by Best Buy and grab a couple of them! We need more dorks.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

Also need to add the latest, cheapest alternative (and similar) to Yellow Tail chardonnay. Presenting, another Aussie, Fisheye! After the Happy Harry's penny sale, these were $3 a bottle. Just insane. It's no raising hell wine, but there isn't anyth
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

The switcher in action for my second use with it, oh about 10 years ago.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowHeres my guess... Its a 4 pole relay with normally open and closed contacts. Low voltage DC coil (probably an ice cube 12v automotive relay) hence the power supply. The relay input side is the from the amps and
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: a401classicWe've done 3 kitchens with Home Depot. Each time getting a second quote (not Lowe's, but a "real" kitchen remodeling company. Each time, HD was cheaper for the cabinets, granite, and install than the "
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Hey look, it's Hay! Yeah, I "stole" my M3 on-walls as part of the super sale Axiom did last year before Christmas, plus a credit I had for demoing my system and having someone buy speakers. I still think that they are great as surround sp
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Heres my guess... Its a 4 pole relay with normally open and closed contacts. Low voltage DC coil (probably an ice cube 12v automotive relay) hence the power supply. The relay input side is the from the amps and the output side is jumpered out an
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: When does the new Computer Speakers start shipping by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 07:42 PM

M2s for size concerns too. Gift for someone but I'll check em out. Kinda excited.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 07:40 PM

The more you listen critically the better you get at it, and yes, there is such a thing as break in. Cue gasps.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Suggestion for speakers to add; custom subwoofers using Tannoy drivers. Yes, these are real, built and owned by a friend of a friend. Both are huge vintage stereophiles and one of them built the switcher. An electronics guru so i've been told.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: craigsubGuys - All the questions are good ones. The GTG portion of the plans for 2015 will be open for a lot of suggestions. If, for example, 12 guys "sign up" to attend and they want to have a serious, level matched b
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Could someone recommend a stand for the M60? by HAY @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

MarkSJohnson had some custom ones awhile back...perhaps he could provide some assistance... https://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php/topics/342812/Re_Custom_Feet#Post342812
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by HAY @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

I get a kick out of Easy Star's All-Stars, whom covered quite a few. I don't endorse or condone whatever may be happening in the first 20 or seconds but afterwards they sound good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_aYli_1iqs
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by HAY @ Yesterday at 06:52 PM

Hi Matt, I have M3 Outdoor, M3 OnWall and had M3 Custom Wood Finish which I regret selling every day. In my experience, the M3 OnWall run without sub fall a little short compared to the M3 bookshelf. They sound good, but you don't get the same richn
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: theskinsIn trying to get the vp180 v4 to play nice with the M80 ti's ,I just want to mention I have tried port plugs on vp180 in misc configurations (1,2 and 3 ports plugged)and did not like any of them... Too much of the low en
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: When does the new Computer Speakers start shipping by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

I initally ordered the M2, but changed my mind the following day and paid the difference to upgrade them to the M3. I figured that I have a 27" iMac so the size difference in the speakers is minor compared to the size of the monitor, and sound
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: When does the new Computer Speakers start shipping by real80sman @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

Out of curiosity, which ones did everyone order? I did the M2's mainly because I felt the M3's would be too big for the computer desk. That and the fact that I already have two sets of 3's, and I really want to hear how the 2's sound!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

What'd I do NOW?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by Murph @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Interesting. How does the flavor compare?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Murph's Birthday by Murph @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Thanks guys! Once again, except for Mark.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Inwall speaker into ICF wall? by mrspeeed @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

So I've just sold my house and all the speakers in my signature went with it. But now I am planning my new build just down the street. It is a smaller townhouse so no room for a dedicated HT, M100's, etc. I am looking into putting a moderate atmos
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.