AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
2 registered (Worfzara, Mojo), 37 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,374 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,178 Topics
410,061 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17900
pmbuko 16341
SirQuack 13357
CV 11458
MarkSJohnson 11156
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results, or EP800? worth it? by Mojo @ 21 minutes 1 second ago

"I am looking forward to some real listening soon ... at some level, nothing up to that point really matters." Oh come on! You of all people know that nothing really matters because there is no matter. The experience you call "real li
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results, or EP800? worth it? by DrStrangeQuark @ Today at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By oakvillematt I am well in driving distance to visit Axiom. I am wondering if it is worth the trip up and see if I can do a blind listening test for the M80 vs LFR1100 and with/without the EP500 in the mix. Matt -- I understand
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by casey01 @ Today at 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By exlabdriverI'm sure glad that I can buy stuff & on the most part be most happy with my purchases. This continual 'second guessing' & 'buyers' remorse' syndrome thankfully just isn't part of my makeup. Striving for the
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by exlabdriver @ Today at 03:12 PM

Ha!! That's great! Another 'syndrome' that our governments will dream up to establish more social programs to help the 'afflicted' & 'most vulnerable'... TAM
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by DrStrangeQuark @ Today at 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By exlabdriverI'm sure glad that I can buy stuff & on the most part be most happy with my purchases. This continual 'second guessing' & 'buyers' remorse' syndrome thankfully just isn't part of my makeup. Striving for the
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by exlabdriver @ Today at 02:19 PM

Old age cures one from ever wanting to unnecessarily move heavy items - especially to other rooms. My EP-800s (110 Lbs each) are sitting right where we (my wife & I) originally placed them. They work just fine where they are, flanking the M22s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by exlabdriver @ Today at 02:13 PM

With our 2 month drought out here on VR Island with no end in sight, Stage 3 Watering Restrictions were imposed yesterday - no lawn watering. So in a couple of weeks, it won't matter if anyone walks on my lawn as sadly it will be burnt up, brown &a
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by Mojo @ Today at 01:53 PM

That's right...be happy with what you've got. Don't you dare move M80s into that room because then you'll get upgraditis :-).
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by exlabdriver @ Today at 01:39 PM

I'm sure glad that I can buy stuff & on the most part be most happy with my purchases. This continual 'second guessing' & 'buyers' remorse' syndrome thankfully just isn't part of my makeup. Striving for the next few of percent of performa
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Chris Squire by Lampshade @ Today at 01:36 PM

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the name....but I recovered when I realized it wasn't Billy Squire.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by Mojo @ Today at 01:22 PM

I should have been more clear. In my room, for music, an M80v2 pair without a sub is substantially better than an M22v2 pair with an EP600v2. Sub or no sub, the M22v2 sounded too thin and lacked presence compared to the M80v2. For movies, I could liv
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by oakvillematt @ Today at 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By MojoI haven't heard the M50 but I know that an M22 with a sub is not the same as an M80 - not even close! Whether you have an M80, M100, LFR100 or Model T, a sub is a whole new experience. I am not sure what your conclusion wa
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by GregLee @ Today at 12:21 PM

Though I have an ep500, I haven't done the listening tests that would help me answer your questions from my own experience. From my reading on audio, I've concluded that (1) everyone needs a sub, (2) several moderate quality subs of varying types in
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Chris Squire by Rock_Head @ Today at 12:08 PM

Kanye West is a legend in his own mind
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ Today at 11:19 AM

Ok, so here is a bit of a before after (and after part 2) summary. It looks like in this room the "ideal" front wall sub location is somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 to center of driver from sidewall length. I was not able to test on exactly
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by Mojo @ Today at 10:17 AM

I haven't heard the M50 but I know that an M22 with a sub is not the same as an M80 - not even close! Whether you have an M80, M100, LFR100 or Model T, a sub is a whole new experience.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by Adrian @ Today at 10:02 AM

Been listening to quite a lot of different music as I tape and sand the drywall in the basement. Leonard Cohen right now.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by Adrian @ Today at 09:58 AM

"I am well in driving distance to visit Axiom. I am wondering if it is worth the trip up and see if I can do a blind listening test for the M80 vs LFR1100 and with/without the EP500 in the mix." Absolutely go and visit Axiom. This is a big
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results, or EP800? worth it? by Serenity_Now @ Today at 09:43 AM

I have not heard Axiom subs. I owned paired polk psw10s. Then "upgraded" to a velodyne eq-max 12 and finally ended up with paired svs sb12-nsd subs. (currently called sb-2000.) Enter the room lock era. I cant see any upgraditis happeni
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results, or EP800? worth it? by oakvillematt @ Today at 08:56 AM

I don't know if it's a case of buyers remorse or what. I am really agonizing over the decision to order the EP500's. I am sure that they will sound good. I really can't appreciate what or how much they will bring to the table until I get them I gu
Hearing Things
Make Paul proud and listen to these on the La Scalas at 121 dB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4iLkdaK_uo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5jRmiK1D3M https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRWMwpPlm28
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by CV @ Today at 03:47 AM

Listening to a lot of old favorites that I haven't fired up in a while. I forgot how good my taste is.
Hearing Things
Originally Posted By craigsubI am not having any luck finding the Bjork disc. Bummer. Definitely worth finding. "Hyper-ballad" is one of the first tracks that made me smile big when I got my EP600 back in the day.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

I am not having any luck finding the Bjork disc. Bummer.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

I found a great white paper article c/o Nyal Mellor at acoustic frontiers. Thought it would be good to share it: http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/acoustic_measurement_standards.pdf It focuses on the evaluation criteria a
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.