Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
3 registered (onn, Wid, Cork), 61 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,380 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,214 Topics
411,124 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17932
pmbuko 16357
SirQuack 13357
CV 11471
MarkSJohnson 11196
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 51 minutes 16 seconds ago

Ordered fabric for behind screen and AT false wall. Got tracking info 2 hours later!! Thank you parts express!
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Celebrate Good Times by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Today at 07:50 PM

With exception to two weekend trips to Toronto, I've been bedridden all summer. I wasn't planning on going, but I really wanna see some peeps again. My one sore that's keeping me bedridden will *hopefully* heal up soon, and I get away for the festi
Hearing Things
I wish you would take them out to your deck and report on their performance. And let us know how your grilled green onions turn out.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting close HT listening room by oakvillematt @ Today at 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By 7800You might try the Marantz remote app on your IPad. Oops, should have read your post a little better. That app is a joke and a half. it's not even a properly functioning remote control as 1/2 the functions of the real remo
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By MojoIf you're all happy with 20 milliOhms of additional resistance in your circuit I tie my speaker cable in tight knots to get as much resistance as possible. I think the amp sounds best when it's really, really straining to p
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by Serenity_Now @ Today at 03:08 PM

Are they like this Bob? If so, the Sewells are twin and a fraction of the price. If you put a dab of anti ox in the cap, then screw it onto the wire, you are set for life. I used mine for 10awg no problems. Matt, use some type of anti ox c
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by SqBobGodPants @ Today at 12:09 PM

I know I'm going to Axiom's version of the Isle of Elba for this, but I really like Monster Cables' banana plugs. They are dumb easy and hold 12g really tightly. The design is pretty clever. Yes, they list for $20 a pair, but, like I said, they're si
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting close HT listening room by 7800 @ Today at 11:24 AM

You might try the Marantz remote app on your IPad. Oops, should have read your post a little better.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting close HT listening room by oakvillematt @ Today at 09:04 AM

I had a friend over and we concluded that Holly Cole sounds way to bright in the room, but Dire Straights sounds OK but not enough base. Then it dawned on me that the Pre-Amp is a new (used) component for me, and I have not done any setup on it. S
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by bridgman @ Today at 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By BapchaManThe bookshelf system sounded better - because YOU were younger :-) I suspected/feared this for a while but after some work (and luck) with room treatments I'm now thinking that the "great sound of my youth" w
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by bridgman @ Today at 03:01 AM

I use the banana plugs from <the place everyone orders banana plugs> - Monoprice maybe ? Anyways, nice and gold-y, happily accept 12 gauge stranded from anyone, and seem to work just fine.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by Socketman @ Today at 12:47 AM

Matt, those are what I use also and they are decent quality. Only thing I noticed was when using 14 gauge wire the set screws will screw right out the other side. Soldering the wires solved this for me.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 10:04 PM

I have ordered a set of 'Fake' Nakamichi banana plugs off ebay shipping slow boat from China as they simply cost 1/8 the price of buying them locally. I got the ones with two set screws and an anodized sleeve. I did look at the locking type and don
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: beer thread by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

Oh thank god, I was afraid I was insane after reading some reviews of the Bison.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Sound Quality (Price not important): M60/80 vs... by DigitalGrit @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

So... here's a link to the page with the graphs of impedance, etc... http://www.axiomaudio.com/manuals/M60_Dual_Input.pdf Not sure if that says anything to you guys? Look the same pretty much?
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by Socketman @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

FWIW , I solder the wires before putting the banana plugs on. I use them for simplicity sake and they are as secure as the wires used inside the speaker. @SquareBob , I agree 100% with you and really kids should be on a leash when at someone else ho
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by 7800 @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

You make some excellent points. I actually had a dust cap poked in by a toddler years ago so I learned that one can never be too careful. I also learned mother's don't like rope. You answered my following question. The speakers involved in this threa
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

me likey.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by SqBobGodPants @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

It's not often around here that one asks a direct question, and, after 3 valid responses, remains none the wiser. You know that it is never my intention to actually help anybody here (litigation issues), but I CAN fan the flames of confusion, and pre
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: beer thread by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 12:43 PM

LOVE Mirror Mirror. I shared my final bottle of an older vintage with friends recently. Just wonderful. I saw various vintages at my local shop yesterday in the $25-45 range, which is too much of an indulgence for me. Can't say I share the same e
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: beer thread by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 06:54 AM

I've been trying a bunch of new beers, too. Deschutes Mirror Mirror was fantastic (as seen above) Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout I had was far, far too bitter for me. I could tell there were good flavors in there somewhere, but damned if I could
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 03:34 AM

Where are you using solder in your speaker connections?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: beer thread by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 01:15 AM

Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by Mojo @ 08/25/15 10:27 PM

If you're all happy with 20 milliOhms of additional resistance in your circuit, go ahead and use banana plugs. I'll stick with solder.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting close HT listening room by Mojo @ 08/25/15 08:51 PM

Yeah well...good luck! It took me 6 years to get my basement sounding good. Good by the way is one notch above acceptable and one notch below terrific.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.