You are not logged in. [Log In]

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days

Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Going back to soundstage (I think this is the right thread :)) I wanted to mention that last night I moved a bunch of stuff (mostly other speakers) out from between the M5HP's and noticed a significant improvement in the "sharpness" and eve
Advice from Axiom Owners
Don't set it to 4 Ohms! It will reduce the voltage and hence the available power to the speakers. Once you calibrate, it will all sound fine.
Advice from Axiom Owners
I know the calibration currently is less than ideal for these speakers and I think the Sony is struggling with the different ohms of the VP180 and the M60. The M60 are light in volume compared to the VP180. But then, the VP180 puts out a lot more vol
Advice from Axiom Owners
Yeah...the clarity and volume is definitely immediately obvious. Initially, I never bothered to re-calibrate when I replaced the M80v2 with M3v4 and M5HP. I could immediately hear the differences I reported. I am just curious if you hear what I hear
Advice from Axiom Owners
The way you guys talk, I would be more like a bull in a china shop trying to explain what I hear. Right now, All I have done so far is hook up the speakers to the Sony 1080. I have not even rerun the calibration yet and i can tell you that they sound
Advice from Axiom Owners
I know what a blown driver sounds like. It doesn't sound at all. I'm wondering what your listening impressions are.
Advice from Axiom Owners
You referring to the bad driver? If so, it's a blown voice coil. Back in the day I used to run a lot of high end car audio and would run into bad voice coils. That's exactly how this driver sounds and feels when you lightly push in on it. Lots of dis
Advice from Axiom Owners
Dragbug, can you describe what you hear through the M60s in 2.0 or 2.1?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered M60, VP150, now thinking M5's and VP180... by Dragbug @ Yesterday at 05:06 PM

I downloaded the manual online and didn't see any reference to a fuse so if there is, it's not meant to be user accessible. The troubleshooter says "This unitís amplifier circuit has failed. Unplug the power cord and contact our customer servi
AxiomAir General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir System Version 2.08 by SOAD @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

I upgraded to 2.09. I have done a few hours of testing and all is good so far. BubbleUPnP is working now. The JRiver volume issue I described earlier is fixed too. Nice work. Thanks.
Advice from Axiom Owners
If there is a fuse, it's likely not accessible without lifting the top cover. Try pressing the power button for 5 seconds and watch what the LCD panel says (if anything).
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered M60, VP150, now thinking M5's and VP180... by Adrian @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

My bad, doesn't appear to have one from the images online.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered M60, VP150, now thinking M5's and VP180... by Dragbug @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

Hmm is there a fuse? I will check with him.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered M60, VP150, now thinking M5's and VP180... by Adrian @ Yesterday at 09:28 AM

Did he check the fuse?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered M60, VP150, now thinking M5's and VP180... by Dragbug @ Yesterday at 02:17 AM

Looks like I am going to be waiting a bit longer anyway. My friend ordered the Denon 8500 several days ago and got it this afternoon. It was DOA. I think his luck is as bad as mine. So until he gets a replacement, he will obviously keep using the 650
Advice from Axiom Owners
XT32 and XT are like apples and oranges. The difference in my room is very noticeable. It would really bother me to not know what the true capability of my speakers is. Just sayin'... :p
AxiomAir General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir System Version 2.08 by Ian @ 12/12/18 06:58 PM

There is now an Update available to fix the Bubble issue. If you already have v2.08 you can click on the Check Updates button in the System menu and check it out. You should be on v2.09 after the Update.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Maybe the 6500 has that option. I don't think the 2300 did, at least I never saw that as an option but then it had only the basic Audyssey XT not the XT 32, if that even makes any difference. I spent an hour last night using a measuring tape to get
Advice from Axiom Owners
My Onk allows me to select between a 3 or 8 point calibration. I thought perhaps Denon allows that too. Yeah...thats what I thought about your room. It's too bad really. You can never possibly know what those v4 M60s are capable of. Unless of course
Advice from Axiom Owners
Lol it's not impractical, it's impossible due to limitations of the room it's self. The fronts are 6 ft apart and about a foot from the front wall. The right is only about 6-8 inchs from the side wall though. The left is about 3-4 ft from a wall. I
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M22ti vs. Paradigm Phantom/Titan/Nuance 330 by Hambrabi @ 12/12/18 03:04 PM

As an update, I disposed of the Nuance 330's this morning. I moved twice, yet they served as my main system from 1995 to 2015, and were relegated to family room duty for the last 3 years. They were replaced with the Kanto Yumi active wireless bookshe
Advice from Axiom Owners
Dragbug, I suggest you play with your room layout and settings. If you want to see what the M60v4 speaker is capable of, you need to have them spaced at least 6' apart and as far away from room boundaries as possible (I have my M5s 12.5 feet apart, 4
Advice from Axiom Owners
Audyssey XT32 finds the low frequency cut-offs of my M5s, VP160v4 and QS10s to be 40Hz. I find I get the best music and movie performance when I set the M5s to 80Hz and leave the rest at 40Hz. This is by no means a knock on the M5s.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Originally Posted By DragbugOriginally Posted By TDIPablo "Cranked" has been universally defined as turning it up to 11. No need for Axiom to define it further. 11? What is "it" and how do you know when you are at "11&quo
Advice from Axiom Owners
Setting your mains to small seems to be quite common, more so if you're only using an AVR to power everything. When I run Audyssey, it sets my fronts to large, which I tend to agree with since I'm running separates for all channels (300wpc). The AVR
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Forum Stats

15,281 Registered Members
16 Forums
24,088 Topics
425,378 Posts

Most users ever online:
883 @ 03/04/17 05:06 PM

Top Posters
Ken.C 18044
pmbuko 16437
SirQuack 13579