You are not logged in. [Log In]

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days

Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: New AVR and new speakers just ordered! by Mojo @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

Oh well...I didn't know you have your own VP160. Let us know how the M5s sound.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: New AVR and new speakers just ordered! by Bayne @ Yesterday at 12:18 PM

If my wife is happy with the VP150 for Big Brother and This Is Us, thatís fine with me. Iíll be in the home theatre with my VP160 watching much better things. Besides, all really care about in that setup is the M5ís, new Marantz AVR, and my records.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by Mojo @ Yesterday at 09:07 AM

That depends on if the listener has hypogonadism or macroorchidism.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by bridgman @ Yesterday at 07:57 AM

Is that good or bad ?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: New AVR and new speakers just ordered! by Mojo @ 09/19/18 11:58 PM

VP150...nooooo! Send the wife down south to hear my 160 and she'll quickly change her mind.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts New AVR and new speakers just ordered! by Bayne @ 09/19/18 11:22 PM

Just picked up a Marantz SR7012 on sale today to replace a 10 year old Denon AVR-3808CI and ordered a VP150, a couple of M5HPís and matching standsónow I need a cigarette! Itís time to upgrade our 3.1 setup. The VP100 and M3ís have been great, and t
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Outriggers for M100? by Mojo @ 09/19/18 07:34 PM

Thanks. I read a review from 2016 that confirmed it comes with three port plugs.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Outriggers for M100? by Rjlitho @ 09/19/18 07:24 PM

Mojo , As far asI know they do come with port plugs .If you watch the video M100S It states that they come with port plugs . RJ
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by Mojo @ 09/19/18 05:23 PM

Cross-breeding like that will result in a genetic mutation of the family of curves. If you do the math on your proposal, you'll find the lows will sound spatially compressed. The net effect is they'll sound like they emanated from your 'nads.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by bridgman @ 09/19/18 04:18 PM

Whoops... I missed the "dual HP speakers" part... I still have the occasional urge to saw off the bottom of one of my M5HP pairs then graft on a larger cabinet to get the tuning more like a single-woofer M100.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Outriggers for M100? by Mojo @ 09/19/18 11:46 AM

For those of you with M100s, are outriggers necessary if placing on carpet? How high is the bottom tweeter with the outriggers on? Also do port plugs come with the M100?
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Test and a review of the LFR-1100's by Mojo @ 09/19/18 11:11 AM

I set you up perfectly for that one.
Hearing Things
Hi Mojo, The LFRs are legal in Canada
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Test and a review of the LFR-1100's by Mojo @ 09/18/18 07:37 PM

All of you out there in Canada who are getting wrap-around imaging from stereo, your environment is set up wrong or you're consuming something that is not yet legal.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Test and a review of the LFR-1100's by brwsaw @ 09/18/18 05:27 PM

The width of my room must be advantageous, I often get wrap around imaging. I still turn my surrounds off from time to time.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Test and a review of the LFR-1100's by MatManhasgone @ 09/17/18 10:09 PM

Rjlitho came over this weekend to see if the sound that I am getting from my system is similar to what he is getting with his setup. As I have LFR's I disconnected the leads off the back drivers so it was operating much like a M100. We experimente
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by Ian @ 09/17/18 06:12 PM

This is one of the big problems, the HP driver really needs another driver to get it to the tweeter. It would also be a grossly undersized cabinet for all those woofers which means an active system with a DSP would be the only way to get the maximum
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by bridgman @ 09/16/18 05:46 PM

I think this was discussed when either M100 or M5HP came out, and the response was that the HP driver could not reach up high enough to cross over with the tweeter in a two-way system. Still enjoying my M40's. I have heard relatively few speakers in
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by TroyD @ 09/16/18 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By BBIBHOriginally Posted By TroyDI wonder if Ian can build a M5 with dual HP speakers instead of the 5" mid Like a mini M50? Ian made an M40 at one point - floor standing cabinet with tweeter and 6.5 woofer. Hmm kinda But
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by TroyD @ 09/16/18 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By MojoThat would be an M3 with higher power handling and a lower, more linear bottom end. Now wouldn't that be something for a bookshelf. Be the same as the M22 which I have, but a little more balls.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by BBIBH @ 09/16/18 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By TroyDI wonder if Ian can build a M5 with dual HP speakers instead of the 5" mid Like a mini M50? Ian made an M40 at one point - floor standing cabinet with tweeter and 6.5 woofer.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: New Speaker Idea by Mojo @ 09/16/18 12:23 AM

That would be an M3 with higher power handling and a lower, more linear bottom end.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts New Speaker Idea by TroyD @ 09/15/18 10:01 PM

I wonder if Ian can build a M5 with dual HP speakers instead of the 5" mid Still have a crossover for mid and a three way Kinda, like the M22 but with dual HP speakers now that I'd upgrade to
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Test and a review of the LFR-1100's by brwsaw @ 09/15/18 09:03 PM

I have to listen again. I didnt note what song it was in but I'll try to find the time stamp next time I listen. The lyrics reminded me current politics. I want to find the best bass moments to. Hopefully someone else will confirm the same sensation
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So long to our last Video Store by exlabdriver @ 09/15/18 01:45 PM

Thanks for the info... TAM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Forum Stats

15,260 Registered Members
16 Forums
24,052 Topics
424,762 Posts

Most users ever online:
883 @ 03/04/17 05:06 PM

Top Posters
Ken.C 18044
pmbuko 16437