AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23107 Topics
408575 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17868
pmbuko 16326
SirQuack 13356
CV 11410
MarkSJohnson 11080
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶Ay, caramba! Our 'sneak peek' announcement in this morning's newsletter genera...

󾔸 Testing various operating systems with our new High Power Computer Speakers t...

Kick it up for Tone!

For all of you music lovers and studio geeks, this is absolutely amazing! https...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by fredk @ 57 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonWe just watched the B-D of Unbroken. Makes me feel like a pitiful human being when I'm putting on a jacket to step out with the dog because the air is a bit chilly. Good movie. I put it on my list.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by JohnK @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Conrad, welcome to Axiom. The VP160 has a T/M configuration that creates no off-axis problem, so it can be considered to be essentially identical in response to the M60. As far as the question of tweeter level goes, this would be somewhat of an issu
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

We just watched the B-D of Unbroken. Makes me feel like a pitiful human being when I'm putting on a jacket to step out with the dog because the air is a bit chilly. Good movie.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by Shain @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Thanks a lot! That is what I'm afraid of.putting in the work for connecting front height channels then noticing little difference. The QS8 speakers really deliver at the surround side position and I'm sure wherever they are. If I do use front height
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Wid @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Hey Craig, that's all, back to the regular scheduled program.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

DIY is a funny thing. Sometimes things go swimmingly, sometimes, well... I've done everything in this project at least twice and I'm still not done. I really lost interest in the latter part of the winter. Here's a picture of where I'm at now.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by 69glamboy @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Excellent. Thanks Scott!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by a401classic @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

Yes, three of the same speaker is preferred, if you can get away with it -with an AT screen you have that opportunity. I'd keep all 3 m60's at the same level and angle. You can probably split the difference between the height of the first and secon
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by 69glamboy @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Thanks Exlab!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

I've read a bunch of conflicting stuff as well on horizontal CC speakers & it seems that everyone has an opinion. While I suppose that a third identical speaker is ideal as long as it is not blocked by a TV, stand or whatever, it is often not fe
Home Theater
Jump to new posts M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by 69glamboy @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Hello everyone...I'm in the planning stages for a home theatre. Getting mixed responses at AVS Forum regarding centre channel speakers. I want to keep my business in Canada and pull the pin for Axiom speakers soon. I would like to use M60's for L and
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Alan's Birthday by Ajax @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

Happy Birthday from one geezer to another.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Alan's Birthday by onn @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Happy Birthday Alan!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 06:33 PM

That happened in spades at AH a while ago at the Bryston Speaker launch when almost everyone (except moi & 3db) pontificated on how awful they were going to be by simply looking at pics on the web. Nobody had heard or tested them yet. Really, t
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 05:10 PM

I was ready to pull the trigger on a JBL L16 when the email about Aeris arrived. Already told Ian I want one. Here is the JBL ... http://www.jbl.com/speaker-docks/AUTHENT...r-docks#start=1
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by craigsub @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

CV ... You need advanced shill training. You need to learn to tell how a speaker sounds based on looking at it. All you need to do is tell someone that "The Acme product can't sound good. Look - the tweeter is a ____________ (fill in blank), w
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by fredk @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: CVYou'd think part of the deal is that I'd post somewhere besides Axiom's own forum. But hey, I'm not going to argue against having a home field advantage. So, you failed shill school then?
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

Tom - Thanks. It's fun back to trying out a bunch of different speakers. The trip to Dwight will be fun - probably going to go with M100's and M50's - and maybe a center if Ian and Andrew want one checked out. Andrew looks like a real talent - can't
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Non-HT/audio products I like by CV @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleI love my autoseal Contigo Travel mug. By far, the best of the many I've lost used over the years. I bought one of these for my dad back in the day, when you mentioned it. I don't think he ever really told me what he
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by CV @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayThat'd be CV, TAM. Oh, he'll deny it, just like he denies being born in Canada, but don't fall for it. He gets everything for free in exchange for relentless (almost soul-less, really) shilling. You'd think part of the d
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: On-Ceiling Speakers for Immersive Sound by eman @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

I was thinking about buying some b-stock m2 and drill some holes on the side so I can use the ceiling bracket that came with the yamaha aw390 speakers . http://images.sonicelectronix.com/images/441814/main/nsaw390wh.jpg
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

It seems like they've thought of everything. I think it will be a wonderful product, and that it will be too expensive for me to seriously consider. I'm eager to see the UI. As always, I hope it is a smash hit for Ian, Andrew and Co.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

I appreciate your time and your stories, Craig.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by BobKay @ Yesterday at 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverI've been accused of being a shill & even an employee numerous times (often by the same few) & that I had to be getting 'freebies' from Axiom. My response is - 'Nope, I'm just a very satisfied customer, &
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

I've been accused of being a shill & even an employee numerous times (often by the same few) & that I had to be getting 'freebies' from Axiom. My response is - 'Nope, I'm just a very satisfied customer, & no, I don't get 'freebies' nor w
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.