AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13364 Members
11 Forums
23093 Topics
408308 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17850
pmbuko 16323
SirQuack 13356
CV 11396
MarkSJohnson 11067
Meanwhile On Facebook

For all of you music lovers and studio geeks, this is absolutely amazing! https...

Monday morning grin! (y)

Time to hang up our skis . . . and rock our M22-in-walls while we wait for the m...

󾠔 It's the end of a long, long era at Axiom today. Brent Tombari is retiring fr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by fredk @ Yesterday at 11:26 PM

Last time I checked (6 months ago) you still paid a silly premium to buy a laptop with an SSD installed. At some point that will change, but SSDs don't seem to have hit the mainstream yet.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

That is, if you feel like installing your own SSD in the laptop. If you do, get a Samsung 850 EVO or Pro. There are subtle differences, and the Pro will last longer. But you'll pay a premium for that. If you don't feel like installing your own SSD,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

I go to AVS only for DIY theater build threads, acoustical treatment information, and the custom printed acoustical panel thread. I stay clear of the rest because someone, as mentioned before, always has an agenda.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by craigsub @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Pre-amps, Receivers, Processors, power amps ... etc ... "usually" have less fighting than speakers and subwoofers. The exception to this is if you start a thread about the audible differences between Pre-amps, Receivers, Power amps ... etc
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Socketman @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

There is a thread for the new Emotiva XMC-1 on AVScience and the guys there are pretty good but the speaker forum has some really winners in it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by craigsub @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Socketman - Regardless the topic, there are always 3 to 7 guys there that have an agenda. It could be subwoofers, a certain speaker manufacturer .. etc ... In the mean time, I looked at both the SVS and Aperion website. Neither show measurements tha
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Socketman @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Why is it always the same 3 aholes that show up on AVscience and run their mouth . Its fine if they don't like Axiom ,its their relentless bashing I just don't understand.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

At least Axiom has their very own, on-site, sophisticated, full size Anechoic Chamber in which to make proper measurements... TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by pmbuko @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

Quote:When using an SSD as your main drive (on a laptop or desktop), it should be kept as clutter-free as possible. This used to be the case, but such care is no longer really necessary. The "write endurance" of modern SSDs is above the th
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: michael_dGetting back to one of my earlier questions, is there a preferred type of memory, type of screen, processor, or anything in particular that should be avoided? Not that I'm aware of, Mike. I do highly suggest that
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by craigsub @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

As is typical for the "science guys" on AVS forum, they mention how other companies use "real measurements". Axiom uses the NRC for measurements, which is probably the most accurate system for measuring one can find. These measur
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

Unfortunately that thread will not die even though it should have a while ago... TAM
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: m100 by brendo @ Yesterday at 12:04 PM

They have awesome customer service, I got a bstock M22 with a bad woofer contacted axiom the same day they replaced my woofer. No question asked just fantastic service.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by michael_d @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

OK, so Apple verse....all the others....aside. Getting back to one of my earlier questions, is there a preferred type of memory, type of screen, processor, or anything in particular that should be avoided?
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: m100 by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 08:16 AM

Everything is tested at the factory, so likely something got jarred loose in shipping.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by cowskeleton @ Yesterday at 03:04 AM

Thanks for the reply! That MC-100B amp you have is pretty amazing, and holy subwoofers batman! I do intend to get a sub or two down the road.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Yesterday at 12:51 AM

Finished Daredevil on Netflix yesterday. It grew on me, but I was bored for quite a while. I think I'm in the minority, though. Other people I know who watched it didn't have that bump to get over. I will say that Vincent D'Onofrio really owned his r
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by nickbuol @ 04/16/15 11:34 PM

Yeah, my VP180 blew my VP150 out of the water, even more so when I added some acoustical treatments to my room. Even so, I am still surprised that in some instances it was only subtly better.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by exlabdriver @ 04/16/15 11:20 PM

AWWWW.... I was going to order those, ha! My present M2v3s, each paired with its own EP400 sub, driven by a modern Tube Amp (MC-100B), are simply fabulous for music. This system is a true 2 channel setup (no LFE nor digital controls) driven from t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by Mojo @ 04/16/15 10:54 PM

I heard the 160 at Jason's place and it blew my 150 out of the water.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: m100 by taylormade1ca @ 04/16/15 10:02 PM

hey all just a update talked to Debbie at axiom and was told to try unhooking the wires from splitter board for the tweeters and hook to them and test sad to say that didn't work.so called Debbie again today and told her no luck.she was awesome no qu
Stereo
Jump to new posts Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by cowskeleton @ 04/16/15 08:28 PM

Hi! Been lurking this forum for years, lusting over a pair of axioms. Well, the day has almost arrived! Ordered some b-stock m2s in rosewood! As this is my first entry into top quality hifi gear, I have some questions about sourcing a decent amp to d
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 04/16/15 06:24 PM

Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by BobKay @ 04/16/15 05:40 PM

Funny, I was just listening to both pre-Peter and post-Peter Genesis last week. I didn't stop liking them sans Peter. I just saw it as having an additional artist's records I wanted to have. The thing that really brought mid-70's Genesis to mind was
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ 04/16/15 04:52 PM

Well,I'm past my 30 day "free trial",and have decided to keep the VP 180 for a few reasons When I compared the 150 to the 180 for most movie scenes/tv watching etc....it was a very close but usually favoured the 180....subtle... ( but I w
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.