Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 51 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,380 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,218 Topics
411,172 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17932
pmbuko 16357
SirQuack 13357
CV 11473
MarkSJohnson 11198
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Time for a new receiver? by Socketman @ Today at 04:19 PM

Streaming is the video version of MP3's imho. Don't get me started on VHS/Beta or HdDvD/Bluray . Why anyone would settle for sub par video after investing in a big screen TV is beyond me. A few years ago we had Roger's video in the downtown core with
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 03:43 PM

Cant take credit for it. here's the recipe. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachme...poly-panels.pdf I havent put anything behind them yet. Going to wait and see what the absorbers do first. They are next up. The new response plot isnt real
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Time for a new receiver? by exlabdriver @ Today at 03:17 PM

I am fortunate enough to have one video rental place left in our area about 30 minute walk/10 minute drive from my house. I rent mostly Blu-Rays & some DVDs but I stream nothing. They just moved into a smaller rental space so I fear that the wr
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ Today at 03:15 PM

OK, now *that* is clever. Do you have some damping material behind the veneer ?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Contemplating upgrade by brendo @ Today at 01:56 PM

All of Axioms speakers sound similar The floor standers deliver more boom than the book shelves. I started with M3s those baby's will surprise you the one 6.5 driver really booms. I found that they went deeper than my M22s, maybe the width of the cab
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 01:09 PM

We purchased an extra sheet of 1/8" birch veneer we put on the inside of the doors. Polys are now installed and waiting for filler to dry for sanding and touchups. I'm not sure how I'll be able to quantify the difference (likely small) they ma
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Time for a new receiver? by nickbuol @ Today at 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By oakvillemattA friend put this new technology into perspective. The VAST MAJORITY of the people in north america do not go out any buy blue-ray or DVD disks. They are happy to watch TV via Cable/Satellite and stream from Netfl
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Time for a new receiver? by nickbuol @ Today at 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By ZarakOriginally Posted By nickbuolSwapped out my QS8s for M3 on-walls as step 1 in the proccess, Guess I'm more behind than I thought, but why'd you replace the QS8 for M3 for on walls? di/bi/quad pole speakers diffuse the s
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Time for a new receiver? by oakvillematt @ Today at 09:42 AM

A friend put this new technology into perspective. The VAST MAJORITY of the people in north america do not go out any buy blue-ray or DVD disks. They are happy to watch TV via Cable/Satellite and stream from Netflix or AppleTV. Non of those for
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Time for a new receiver? by Zarak @ Today at 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By nickbuolSwapped out my QS8s for M3 on-walls as step 1 in the proccess, Guess I'm more behind than I thought, but why'd you replace the QS8 for M3 for on walls?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered my M60s... Need Owner Reviews & Feedback by DigitalGrit @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

If your 'mis-spent' youth was anything like mine, then I think I'll enjoy the M60s. Glad I made that choice. Thanks for the review!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Been a while by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Welcome back my brotha to the west...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Time for a new receiver? by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Welcome back, by the way.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Time for a new receiver? by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

DTS:X is a pretty exciting "concept" at this point. Nobody has actually heard it in a home theater (well, maybe some lucky millionaire somewhere), but it is object based immersive audio like Atmos. I've heard a lot of Atmos setups, and th
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Sound Quality (Price not important): M60/80 vs... by bridgman @ Yesterday at 10:23 PM

I ended up going with non-HP, based on the response curves seeming to be flatter in the low end at the SPLs I usually frequented. Need a pair of HP's to be sure I did the right thing though. Sigh.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered my M60s... Need Owner Reviews & Feedback by bridgman @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

I have M60v4's - previous was M60ti's (in the home theater) and Ascend Sierra 1's. There are things I like about the Sierras and things I like about the M60v4's, still struggling to separate "differences in speakers" from "bookshelf
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Time for a new receiver? by Zarak @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Been away from the boards for a while...don't have the time I used to to keep up on here. Anyway, been thinking about a new receiver. I have a Onkyo SR-500 bought in 2003 (when I bought my Axioms!) I looked last year, but it sounded like it made s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Been a while by INANE @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

What a busy summer/year. Thought I'd drop by and say hi. Upgraded to my dream car. Sold the RX-8 and picked up a 97 Corvette. Been to the track and done some autocross with it. Need better tires but it's still a blast to drive.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Windows 10, should I click the button yet? by INANE @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

As a user I think Win 10 is great, as a SA I'm not sure yet.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by onn @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

Belated Happy Birthday Tom and Adrian.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

Cranking away (slowly) on the to do list. Blinds installed. Electrical panel cover finished and mounted (my!cabinetry!skills!suck!) The doors, the doors! (not- The Doors.) Don't you love 'em madly? I sure do. Turning out great. Still need to w
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday, Birthday by SqBobGodPants @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

HBD, Adrian! What, Tom, you expect me to do it twice?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by SqBobGodPants @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

An evil friend of mine, OK, that's redundant, had been coercing me to check out Spotify. We speak about once a week (he lives in Utopia, TX), and he had been bringing this up for at least a month and a half. There's a reason I never did alcohol or dr
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by SqBobGodPants @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By Serenity_NowAre they like this Bob? If so, the Sewells are twin and a fraction of the price. If you put a dab of anti ox in the cap, then screw it onto the wire, you are set for life. I used mine for 10awg no problems.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by St_PatGuy @ Yesterday at 09:03 AM

LOL!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.