AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Greg's pseudo-HT room
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken.C), 57 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13354 Members
11 Forums
23037 Topics
407366 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17828
pmbuko 16307
SirQuack 13353
CV 11362
MarkSJohnson 11030
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts LLAP by a401classic @ Today at 07:42 AM

RIP Leonard Nimoy.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by a401classic @ Today at 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolBluetooth.... Compressed audio... You know Axiom wouldn't "settle" for that... Yeah, I know. But for my office, which shares a common hall with 3 other offices (two on each side of the hall), in combination with an
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by Socketman @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

M2's either or M22's , I have M2's in a room pretty much the same size hanging from the ceiling above and behind my couch and they are super good . I am contemplating getting another set to replace my QS4's. I use 2 way direct radiating for my bedro
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by JohnK @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

GJ,welcome. With the second row being that close to the wall, it would be difficult to create an effective rear surround field for those listeners. The QS8s would come closer to the goal than would any direct firing speaker and would also be very eff
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by GJK @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

I like these no nonsense replies! Any others welcome!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by bridgman @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

http://www.allposters.ca/-st/Metallica-Fabric-Posters-posters_c94866_.htm http://www.amazon.com/30x40-Metallica-Justice-Fabric-Poster/dp/B000EOFH3W The review on Amazon said the fabric was "very poor", hopefully that's what we would call
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: BobKayCool! You went with the guitars! When Bob holds back, you know its not good. Damn, hangs head in shame and goes to fabric store. I may go the route Nick went if I can find some decen
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by fredk @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayCool! You went with the guitars! When Bob holds back, you know its not good.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Electronic House using Axiom image by fredk @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Those speakers do seem familiar...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by fredk @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Mojo QS8s on the sides. M22s on the rear. agree.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by Mojo @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

QS8s on the sides. M22s on the rear.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by rprice54 @ Yesterday at 05:02 PM

I gave up waiting. Connected a old reciever to some scratch and dent M3s and bought an airport express. Not as clean as a stand alone unit, but wanted something to use in my shop. I'm sure it will be good when it comes out. A lot more competition
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by GJK @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Planning to pull the trigger on my four surround speakers for a dedicated basement theatre room running 7.2. I do NOT plan to run ceiling speakers for Atmos (or DTS:X, if they end up being required for that) because there was just not enough ceiling
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 04:24 PM

And with that, I will remain "mum" on the subject. Lips are sealed.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by Ian @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

It is true Nick and your comments were correct; it needed to be more than just AirPlay and wow did that ever end up happening. We are nearing completion on our new wireless platform. I have a few more important things to clarify and then we will be
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

Bluetooth.... Compressed audio... You know Axiom wouldn't "settle" for that...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by michael_d @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

The Oppo firmware is up to date. The AVR, not so much. I reckon that would be the first place to start. I use the Oppo players because they play well my Lumagen XS. I sent the XS the raw video output. I did a quick search at AVS, despite my earli
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by Socketman @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

I would check for a firmware update.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverI'm trying to picture you perched on your leaning toilet seat & it ain't pretty... TAM My biggest concern is falling through the floor. The 4" waste pipe has black tape around a leak .
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayCool! You went with the guitars! Come on Bob you can critique better than that. I can take it honestly. I am a single guy with ZERO ability to decorate, cars computers etc is my forte . My whole house looks like an O
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by a401classic @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

I hope not too much time. I'm taking a serious look at THESE for my office at work. The little Lepai 2020A I was using with 20 year old Cambridge Soundworks speakers died a while back (slow, noisy, painful death), so it's time to upgrade.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by BobKay @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

Cool! You went with the guitars!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 12:31 PM

I'm trying to picture you perched on your leaning toilet seat & it ain't pretty... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

My 3 year old inexpensive Sony BDR has performed flawlessly over its life so far. It is 1/6 the cost of the OPPO & it is doubtful that anyone could hear or see much, if any, difference in the sound or picture. Plays SACDs beautifully as well.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by BlueJays1 @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Try setting Secondary Audio to OFF in the OPPO if it is ON.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.