AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Greg's pseudo-HT room
Who's Online
1 registered (Orca), 36 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13355 Members
11 Forums
23042 Topics
407450 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17828
pmbuko 16307
SirQuack 13353
CV 11364
MarkSJohnson 11032
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by exlabdriver @ Today at 02:07 PM

I use a set of M22V4s (with a pair of EP800V3s, VP160V3 & QS8V4s) for my HT as I believe that the 22s are more suited for the tremendous dynamic range of movie soundtracks. My M2V3s (each with its own EP400V3) are used in an audio only 2CH Stere
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by bridgman @ Today at 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyDBridgman Not sure about the distortion. That would have to be quite overly comfortable loud. If I had say the M22 and two or three EP500 ,do you really think they would distort ? I am running a MCA50 as a three channel ext.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: LLAP by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 11:52 AM

Where was Kirk? Off with some soft-focus Bimbo, I suppose.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ Today at 11:41 AM

Yes, I use to own the QS8 Ver. 1 years ago. Like them and probably going to get them for my rears again.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ Today at 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: TroyDThey are ver.3 in HG Cherry. I have had them for about year half. Only thing I can trade up to is M80 V4 or HP or the M100 etc. I've owned the M22 and HK 750's and they were loud enough for that size room. I will probably
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Factory Outlet Discounts / Authorized Ad? by GJK @ Today at 10:33 AM

Surfing around some equipment reviews this morning and I came across a small Axiom ad (amongst many others for cable manufacturers etc.) on a Canadian site. I'm too incompetent to figure out how to post an actual picture from the screen grab I took,
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500V4 will not enter power save mode by Michael13 @ Today at 10:18 AM

Ran a few lil tests on her which seemed to work. I had to unplug the coaxial cable and then unplug it , than i restarted it with the coaxial cable disengadged shut it off which worked this time. Put the cable back in and all seems to be well.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: LLAP by medic8r @ Today at 09:34 AM

Some cool shoes he was sportin', eh?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Teddy Bears, Hand Grenades, and F-Bombs by a401classic @ Today at 05:56 AM

Awesome! Welcome to retirement. My dad says work is just another four letter word. He also says it's the curse of the drinking class. Cheers!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Today at 05:15 AM

[quote=TroyD]They are ver.3 in HG Cherry. I have had them for about year half. Only thing I can trade up to is M80 V4 or HP or the M100 etc. I've owned the M22 and HK 750's and they were loud enough for that size room I now realize that's why it's
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ Today at 03:17 AM

Here are the shades in the stairwell windows, at least: They ended up being different colors because I'm not always smart. I had originally ordered both in black, but I didn't double-check my measurements even though they say to be sure. I was sur
The Water Cooler
Hooray for more content.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Teddy Bears, Hand Grenades, and F-Bombs by tomtuttle @ Today at 01:08 AM

Of all the different "jobs" I imagined Bob spending that many words on, that was perhaps the least titillating. Miss you, Bob. You consistently elevate my thinking.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by brwsaw @ Today at 12:03 AM

...all?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Socketman Oh wait , I m getting something, wait wait wait he says all the beer is on him next fall at the get together..
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500V4 will not enter power save mode by JohnK @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

You might try leaving it unplugged for 15 minutes or so.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by Socketman @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuol______________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________ Nick is transmitting telepathically again, I cant quite pick it up. I can tell its coming from somewhere in
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

They are ver.3 in HG Cherry. I have had them for about year half. Only thing I can trade up to is M80 V4 or HP or the M100 etc. I've owned the M22 and HK 750's and they were loud enough for that size room. I will probably end up keeping the M80's f
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: LLAP by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Takei from back in the day. OH MY! Love that guy.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Teddy Bears, Hand Grenades, and F-Bombs by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

Masterfully random as always, Bob. Welcome back to your post.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Home Theatre set up. by Orca @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

Thanks Mike; I hear ya :~) However, in that case I think I'd have to get the VP160. Cheers, Paul
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

I hope they have a 15 degree or more tilted/driver tweeter combo. Straight down firing are for whole house audio applications. Not so great for home theater IMO. Havent heard the M3 in ceilings though. my rear heights could be down firing, but fr
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

How long have you had the M80's? I'm about 60% movies/gaming & 40% music (2.1 and 5.1) and love the M80's........but with only 10% music as you said and your room size I would think M22's as fronts with a couple nice subs might be nice as well..
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Home Theatre set up. by BBIBH @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

I have a room that size with M80's, vp150, QS8's and a EP350. The one area I think I would have gone up one level is the sub, to at least the 500. The sub is good, no question, but when I want "more" bass, it is just not there....
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Teddy Bears, Hand Grenades, and F-Bombs by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 07:05 PM

Neck? I ran outta toilet paper....twice! I've been thinking about you a fair amount lately, Bob. As a matter of fact, I ALMOST Googled your J-thing location and dropped in to see if you were working Saturday morning as I passed through on 24.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.