Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-888-352-9466 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog
Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (J. B.), 52 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,368 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,136 Topics
409,144 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17881
pmbuko 16335
SirQuack 13356
CV 11437
MarkSJohnson 11104
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by J. B. @ Today at 10:19 AM

it all depends on what you listen to and at what level. the most difficult tracks to play usually are some movies played at Ref. Level: Super 8: 122 dB max - (446 W/ch. front L-R) / total Watts for my 6.1 setup is 1275 Watts. WOTW: 122 dB max 300:
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by 7800 @ Today at 10:07 AM

I myself will be building a new home with a dedicated 13x18 room. It makes sense to hear and treat that room before making any equipment changes. I should also find out how much power the rear channels can handle. I assume it has to be less than the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by Lampshade @ Today at 09:30 AM

My wife wants me to take her to Canada next month. We live near Boston. She wants to drive to Niagra Falls and then to Montreal and then back home. For about a week. I am not crazy about the idea. Seems like too much driving. I am telling her she c
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by oakvillematt @ Today at 06:17 AM

I have a pair of LFR1100 and have it hooked up to an Anthem MCA5ii amp @ 250w / channel. As my amp only has 5 channels and i wanted to give 7.1 a try I picked up a pair of AudioSource AmpOne/A @ 170w / channel. I have tried hooking up the LFR's t
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by Serenity_Now @ Today at 04:53 AM

Going to pro amps? Ie Crown, QSC. Your room is smallish and you are already in great headroom territory. Your P777 is beyond the realm of question when it comes to quality/performance. Improvements in your setup will now come from decreasing roo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by Serenity_Now @ Today at 04:39 AM

Here I was thinking summer hiatus had began and you guys spring into action. Thanks! I'll try the denatured alcohol first.
Stereo
Jump to new posts LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by 7800 @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Hi owners. First post on forum. I have my speakers set up in a 12x15 room hooked up to an Arcam P777 also powering my VP180HP and 2 QS8's. Home theatre sound is unlimited as I have an SVS13SB sub involved. I am wondering what the benefits are of goin
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Saturday.... by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 04:49 PM

Well, you do have a rather ...particular clientele.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Saturday.... by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 03:33 PM

Oh, I keep forgetting that we've never met...i.e., you've never seen me!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Saturday.... by St_PatGuy @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

Mark is a freelance male stripper. That's how he can afford nice things.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Murph @ Yesterday at 10:29 AM

Looking Great!!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Saturday.... by Murph @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

You think Mark Works??
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by Murph @ Yesterday at 10:26 AM

I use Peanut Butter for this all the time, depending on the material.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by J. B. @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

maybe you can try "GOO GONE" which i bought at Canadian Tire. sticker says: "removes stickers, grease, gum, crayon, tape. tried it a few times, and it works well.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by BobKay @ Yesterday at 09:48 AM

And they always put them on the good side! Denatured alcohol.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Removing stickers before staining by Serenity_Now @ 05/24/15 06:24 PM

Does anyone know a good method to remove the adhesive residue left by a sticker so stain will take evenly to the area? I'm thinking I might just have to sand it out prior to stain. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 05/24/15 06:21 PM

Thanks! Very excited.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by CV @ 05/24/15 02:59 PM

It's looking very good!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 05/24/15 02:29 PM

Updates. The chore part of the project is almost done. Then I'm allowed to start going to town on the fun room. The laundry closet, trim and door casings are pretty much done. I still have the tedious job of boxing out and trimming the windows.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts R.I.P. John Edgar Nash, Jr. ("A Beautiful Mind") by BobKay @ 05/24/15 01:45 PM

How can the guy who practically invented nonlinear differential equations forget, while riding unseatbelted in the back of a town car on the Jersey Pike, that the law of inertia still applies?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new Cell Phone -- Need HELP by Serenity_Now @ 05/24/15 01:43 PM

I had a mixed experience with Wind as well. They tried to pull the same thing on me. I gave up my number and told them I was ending my contract because I was leaving the province. (I was) It was a 1/2 hour call with the customer retention departme

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.