Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
2 registered (pmbuko, exlabdriver), 28 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,380 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,203 Topics
410,765 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17924
pmbuko 16349
SirQuack 13357
CV 11464
MarkSJohnson 11187
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Windows 10, should I click the button yet? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

I got the notice to install on my office PC and my laptop. I was thinking about waiting a few weeks...Until MS gets to about the tenths service pack.... But I really hate Windows 8 that's on my laptop. Anyone have a report on 10 yet?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by craigsub @ Yesterday at 08:20 AM

Blatisi: 1. Your amp is almost surely in need of replacement, and if you are willing to do the swap, Axiom will likely send you a replacement unit rather than do shipping both ways on the entire subwoofer. You would be saving them money. They will a
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by blatisi @ Yesterday at 07:03 AM

Yes the sub woofer will go into power saving. The reason I put the gain down was to limit the sub to a very light work load. It was barely audible. This way I could see if it was just too much load on the amp the way I had it. The sub eventually
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What to do with the down & out AVR? by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 06:04 AM

E-cycle?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Should I buy this? by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 06:03 AM

Looks like a big, cheap TV. Will perform like a big, cheap TV. I wouldn't. Too many negative reviews of the brand on Amazon with panel defects and firmware issues. No reviews for this model from reputable sources. Tough call.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts What to do with the down & out AVR? by mpyw @ Yesterday at 04:27 AM

My Onkyo TX-NR808 finally died, it would automatically shut down even without any cable being connected apart from the power cable Check with a few repairers and no one wants to repair it... So, got myself a Denon X5200, and now, what to do with th
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By Wid Good to hear the shoulders came out nice Fred. Ya can never tell how long the meat will take. Next time a 4 pound shoulder might take a lot less time, ya never can tell. The post that Chess wrote was very good reading and m
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By Serenity_NowIn a conventional BBQ do you guys recommend slow cooking dry rubbed baby backs off of the burners? I tried a batch this weekend (inspired by this darn thread) and they were a tad overdone with the three burners as l
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Should I buy this? by Mojo @ 08/02/15 11:27 PM

I need a TV for my new room. Is this one any good? m.visions.ca/#/home-productdetail?productId=25465&sku=65K680GW
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by craigsub @ 08/02/15 11:17 PM

From the EP-500 owner's manual ... The subwoofer has an instantaneous standby mode that enables itself whenever there is no signal input from your A/V receiver or preamp. The Green LED POWER indicator does NOT change color when the subwoofer enters
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by jmone @ 08/02/15 11:08 PM

While we wait..... couple of Q: - What protocol are you using to keep multiple devices in sync? NTP / PTP clocks / something else? - When do you plan to release (as stated) the code? Thanks Nathan
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by Wid @ 08/02/15 10:09 PM

Good to hear the shoulders came out nice Fred. Ya can never tell how long the meat will take. Next time a 4 pound shoulder might take a lot less time, ya never can tell. The post that Chess wrote was very good reading and made me rethink some of w
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by SBrown @ 08/02/15 09:39 PM

I had that problem with a dead link but just replied to the e-mail and Ian sent me another.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by Mojo @ 08/02/15 09:32 PM

The 500 doesn't have auto on/off. It has a 12v trigger though.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 08/02/15 08:43 PM

No problem here.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by gearcruncher @ 08/02/15 08:25 PM

Anyone else having trouble with the link provided to configure the Axiom air you purchased through the kickstarter program ? I received an e mail from Ian telling me to click on the link and configure my Axiom Air . Link is dead ? I get the dreaded
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The CV Date Report by CV @ 08/02/15 08:16 PM

I'm not sure what's going on.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by 7800 @ 08/02/15 07:52 PM

For the list price at Axiom you'd think they would include the now standard auto on/ off feature. My SVS sub only powers up on signal and goes to standby after a time after no signal. No gain in your system should put your sub into standby mode acc
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by Ken.C @ 08/02/15 07:50 PM

I do use indirect heat on my grill when I'm using the rotisserie and when I'm doing steaks.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by brendo @ 08/02/15 07:29 PM

That's why I don't like to eat out so often, Plus many of the more posh places have always disappointed me. Steak houses and the likes Rave reviews. But when you eat it end up thinking of why and how it could have been better on the Barby, more garli
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by brendo @ 08/02/15 07:17 PM

Wouldn't no gain on the sub also be the same as turning it off. Sending it to standby after say 5 or 10 minutes the same as no signal.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by Serenity_Now @ 08/02/15 06:23 PM

In a conventional BBQ do you guys recommend slow cooking dry rubbed baby backs off of the burners? I tried a batch this weekend (inspired by this darn thread) and they were a tad overdone with the three burners as low as they would go.... The min
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Gain levels on pro AVR and Pro amp by Serenity_Now @ 08/02/15 06:18 PM

The input sensitivity of the crest is listed as 1V. This means 1V input will drive the amplifiers output to max. The Tascam is capable of 2V. You are good to go. Problems exist when the output prepro cannot deliver the rated input sensitivity of
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by fredk @ 08/02/15 06:04 PM

I almost forgot. Smoked lemonade is a thing.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by chesseroo @ 08/02/15 05:47 PM

Assuming of course that by "turning off" you mean the sub is in use when it turns off regardless of gain setting. Then yes call Axiom. Otherwise the subs do go into standby mode when not in use.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.