AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
2 registered (alan, Ken.C), 39 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23106 Topics
408534 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17867
pmbuko 16326
SirQuack 13356
CV 11408
MarkSJohnson 11079
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶Ay, caramba! Our 'sneak peek' announcement in this morning's newsletter genera...

󾔸 Testing various operating systems with our new High Power Computer Speakers t...

Kick it up for Tone!

For all of you music lovers and studio geeks, this is absolutely amazing! https...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Ken.C @ 12 minutes 39 seconds ago

So Gene runs AVS now, too? Or did they give him mod rights for some godforsaken reason?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Alan's Birthday by oakvillematt @ Today at 06:06 AM

Greatness never fades from memory. Thankyou Alan for all the work that you have done to make us all that much more informed. Though you might be one year older, you are one year wiser. Happy Birthday today and many more to come.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Office sound system retrofit by oakvillematt @ Today at 06:00 AM

in my opinion, going mono is just generating a background noise into a room. You loose so much of the sound stage experience that it hardly seems worth upgrading. All an upgrade will do is make it louder. Second. The way that your ear is designe
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by CV @ Today at 01:18 AM

Even though I have no great need for it, I'd love to buy one at some point. Looks like a fun system. Since my living space is already Axiomed out, where I'd get the greatest benefit is taking it outside, but I'm sure the optional battery pack can't b
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Yesterday at 06:50 PM

Sent you a text Is that your cell?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by theskins @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

I have, switching between rear surrounds and front heights several times ( I have 4-QS8's) I have noticed subtle differences ,nothing major and only during certain scenes...my room is a bit challenging to say the least,but IMO it is hard to beat a g
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Yesterday at 04:43 AM

There are a lot of cameos in season 2 of Deadbeat that I wasn't expecting. Michael Ian Black's character is pretty good. It was nice to see Bodie from The Wire again. While I'm enjoying the show, when is Hulu going to renew Quick Draw for a third sea
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: digital music by glenmac @ 04/23/15 09:32 PM

Wow thanks for the input. I start the archiving tomorrow!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by Ken.C @ 04/23/15 06:57 PM

The Honda is awesome. Mulched wet, 6 inch high grass with no problems at all.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 04/23/15 06:40 PM

Happy happy birthday!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: World's largest Home Theater for sale on ebay by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:44 PM

Dang! The screen is too small.
Stereo
Just don't buy a cheep-a$$ Sony receiver. I did that and it caused my M22's to never produce any thing that sounded like bass. Don't know much about the M2's though.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung or LG TV? Which is better? by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:35 PM

I'd never buy another LCD after having 3 of them and 1 plasma. All 3 had off axis viewing problems. Don't know if that was ever fixed. Haven't shopped around much lately, but I did see an OLED that might be a good contender for Plasma. Perhaps better
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 rattling by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphI did see Brian lurking around the house that week though. Hard to find places to dispose of old cat toys today.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by CatBrat @ 04/23/15 05:22 PM

HBM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy National Record Store Day! by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 04/23/15 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Da_Gimp_PimpWhat do record stores keep a record of? Originally Posted By: pmbukoNumber of bad jokes made at their expense, for one. Good to know. I assume another one is pontificating replies to lighthearted forum posts?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: On-Ceiling Speakers for Immersive Sound by nickbuol @ 04/23/15 03:31 PM

The idea with Atmos and DTS:X is that they can use that 1980's technology idea of "phantom speakers" by making a sound appear to come from a location where there isn't a speaker, so having additional speakers, whether heights or ceilings, g
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: Media Room by mrspeeed @ 04/23/15 09:59 AM

What color are your grills? I am set to start a whole new project and debating between the eggshell and white piano gloss which looks like a custom option (perhaps it is always been there?) It will just be for my subs and L/R since I will go in-cab
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Rush Fans.... by Murph @ 04/23/15 07:55 AM

Well then Mark, it is my Birthday soon!! <I retain my promise to Bob not to use emotes, so please add your own grinny thing here.>
Hearing Things
Originally Posted By: craigsub... I am also scheduled to visit Axiom next Thursday (April 30). I have business in the GTA on Wednesday and it seemed too good to pass up the chance to pay a visit. Hopefully it will be warmer by then. I just watched
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Serenity_Now @ 04/22/15 07:12 PM

Very interested in your results. I have pondered using my oppo as a pre processor but noticed it doesnt handle dynamic range settings the same as my avr. Not sure if it was a bug or not, but the avr had better dynamics overall with all settings be
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Snowbird Workups by exlabdriver @ 04/22/15 03:41 PM

The RCAF Snowbird are doing their annual spring workups over my house 3 times per day for the next couple of weeks. The video was taken over 19 Wing Comox, BC on Vancouver Island using their new 'tank cam'. Enjoy: http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/n
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by Ken.C @ 04/22/15 10:11 AM

My daughter has bogarted the sweet spot on the couch. I'm not sure if she realizes this, but probably...
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone heard from Murph? by Murph @ 04/22/15 07:49 AM

I didn't release the list. I was hacked by Snowden.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by Serenity_Now @ 04/20/15 06:44 PM

New oldish news. DTS has withdrawn from the application to be the new broadcast audio format. Now Dolby and MPH are the contenders. DTS will focus on premium cable shows (like HBO) and re-entering the cinema marketplace.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.