AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Greg's pseudo-HT room
Who's Online
1 registered (Boltron), 45 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13353 Members
11 Forums
23034 Topics
407328 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17828
pmbuko 16307
SirQuack 13353
CV 11362
MarkSJohnson 11030
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: In wall wiring by Serenity_Now @ Today at 04:39 PM

Just beat me to it.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Today at 03:21 PM

I said kijiji ...I meant Canuck audiomart Yes I too noticed the pics and questioned him on real wood...he said he's not sure and can't tell.....so yeah I would say vinyl....and he is the second owner as well...... How is the HK 3490?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Today at 01:52 PM

Agreed. Let the pros deliver it. I got enough drywall that the delivery was included. They would put the sheets in whatever locations and quantities around my basement that I wanted. 108 sheets of 12 foot long (the BIG stuff) drywall. The cost
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Electronic House using Axiom image by nickbuol @ Today at 01:47 PM

I saw this today in my inbox. Electronic House talking about quick tips for tweaking your home theater setup, and the speakers in the article looked familiar. 4 Simple Tweaks to Improve Your Home Stereo and Surround Sound Speakers Here is the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CatBrat @ Today at 12:20 PM

I watched The Amazing Spider-man 2 movie for the first time last night. Was much better than my expectations.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500V4 will not enter power save mode by Andrew @ Today at 09:35 AM

Hi blatisi, If your receiver does not have a trigger output, there is no way to put an EP500v4 into standby mode. None of our subwoofers have any sort of signal sensing to automatically put them into standby mode. The only solution is to use the tri
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by CV @ Today at 02:16 AM

The Pipettes - We Are the Pipettes Pretty solid album. I can see it being in my rotation for a while. Have a taste: The Pipettes - "Dirty Mind" Another song I'm late on hearing, which I like. If you don't mind overly-processed, check it
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: sub woofer placement by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Corner placement?! Uhhhh....
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolGoogle had me go just east of Lake Simcoe on the way up, and just west of the last back to downtown Toronto. Took just about 3 hours each way. I have been staying just a few blocks from the CN Tower for a starting poin
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by Socketman @ 02/24/15 10:31 PM

Imagine the comb filtering going on inside a car with the tweeters facing up toward the windshield. It is a great topic for controversy , just don't take it personal.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by Serenity_Now @ 02/24/15 08:06 PM

The immersive titles are not premium priced. Just bought John Wick. Same price as any other new release bluray (which is still pricey I guess.). I just hope it doesnt take 2-3 years for the formats to trickle up to non mainstream AVRs. Higher end
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: use AMP or AV receiver to run axiom speakers by CatBrat @ 02/24/15 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverIn order to get the best bass into my system with my M22s, I kept my Denon & acquired a pair of EP800s, ha! TAM Ha. That ought to help.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by jmone @ 02/24/15 02:06 AM

I've now purchased by 3rd Pio Wireless Speaker..... How is it going?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts What happened to the LFR DSP updates? by oakvillematt @ 02/23/15 10:49 PM

I remember reading a review last year on a set of LFR speakers where the reviewer talked about a selection dial on the back of the DSP where you could set the room boarder parameters from 1 to 5. I has just purchased a new set of LFR1100's weeks e
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Why are Canadian being hung out to dry by Axiom by chesseroo @ 02/21/15 10:59 PM

Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: FWIW by brwsaw @ 02/21/15 04:30 PM

Thinking about the money I would have saved doing it all myself... Ah well, it was nice to come home and not have to work on the room. I have to say, don't compromise seat locations. I fought the current layout but now that it's done the seats are e
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Somewhere in Murphland... by fredk @ 02/21/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanOriginally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonMaybe I should build a non-square theater in my backyard snow? Awesome idea. When you're done, keep spraying it with the garden hose until you build up a good layer of ice, then cove
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver for digital sources in zone 2? by fredk @ 02/21/15 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle... I'm generally opposed to AVS, but with your recommendation I will give it a go... Tom. I generally view AVS like a pasture. You just need to avoid the sometimes over plentiful cow paddies and stick to the good bi
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian by Socketman @ 02/20/15 07:16 PM

Thanks Ian
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Building the AV Sound room by Hansang @ 02/20/15 05:14 PM

One thing to consider is that CAT 3, 5, 6, 6E's are twisted to offset interference. If you look at the NEC, page 710 of the PDF (below) spells it out. The part 2, on that page says you need 2" separation. but this is for non-power over ethern
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: General Help, Suggestions, Advice, Discussion by Serenity_Now @ 02/20/15 04:56 AM

Yeah, thats how a speaker physically works, but not the circuit of a speaker. You forgot the crossover network. Load impedance varies with frequency. Speakers are a reactive load, like a motor. Higher voltage by default means higher current. Its

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.