In reply to:

How do you keep THD numbers less than .08%, if you have "spikes" in the frequecy response spectrum?

I hear what your saying. My point is and was, I don't put a great deal of stock in charts. I have owned many an Adcom amp and I always thought they came off on the brighter side for whatever reason. A graph is just a graph with conclusions drawn by one. My ears on the other hand are again my conclusions and mine only, but I have heard enough stuff in my day to know when a piece of equipment adds something to the path. Whatever it is and I can't explain it, I personally don't like the sound of older Adcom amps.

Anyway, it's not the graph that is the problem, it's the way it was presented that I took issue with. If people want to base what they think they know on a piece of equipment based solely on a graph, so be it but have a little etiquette in the way you present your side. But then again presenting a graph isn't presenting there own thoughts, it's presenting someone else's findings.

Not to turn this into more then it needs to be but a graph does not tell the complete story. That is all I'm trying to get out there.