A HSU STF-2 will go to 25 hz -/+ 3 dB, 3 dB deeper than the ep350, and costs about $250 less, and is also a quick and accurate sub. A VTF-3 would trounce the ep350, and after the turbocharger comes out, could probably go head to head with the ep500.

I just got my axiom speakers so I'm not bashing them, but the subs seem a bit overpriced..

In reply to:

The Epicenter EP500 is the first subwoofer of its size to truly go down to a couch-shaking 19 Hz in an anechoic environment.

Velodyne, HSU, and SVS are three companies who have done this. I'm sure the TN1220 tubes from HSU and the svs box ultras can do this easily, at 100 dB, outside. They've been tested to do so also. Of course it's a good accomplishment, yet to say they're the first is like panasonic claiming they made the first DVD player that supported surround sound. It's ridiculous and not factual.

I'm not saying the EP500 is a bad sub. Audioholics loved it. I'm saying that with the ep350.. you could get much more for the same price, and that the marketing on the ep500 is misleading.