I ended up with an SVS 20-39PC+ just before Axiom brought out their high end models. I went for the SVS because I was planning to move into a larger HT area in the future and figured that was the best "bass for the buck" -- a rock solid sub with a good 12" driver and 525 honest watts. I am very happy with the SVS (it is definite overkill for my current room) but would probably be equally happy with the Hsu or the Axiom products as well. If I had to replace the SVS I would probably try the Axiom -- I believe I can overdrive the SVS if I get carried away with the volume control on a few movies, and it would be nice to have a more refined response than that loud "GRUNK". Then again, it is also possible that my house is making the "GRUNK" noise rather than the SVS, I don't have time to really investigate these things any more

I have heard the Hsu STF-2 and thought it was excellent -- it would probably still be my first choice in that range. It hardly matters these days, though... Hsu and SVS have set an incredible price-performance point in the market, and Axiom seems to have matched them with the high end products. In the lower price range Hsu has a definite price/performance advantage since they manufacture in China, vs. North America for Axiom and SVS. Not sure where the Outlaw is mfg'ed, but my first guess would be the same factory as the Hsu

You can't go wrong with any of them, really.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8