Yeah I have one. When I say I was cranking it, I mean I was cranking. Needle was hovering around 100db and I had it like that for almost 5 hours straight. It was a very good work out and the Yamaha was fine with it. Only thing I did do just for my own piece of mind was go into the menu and change the fan from Auto to Always On. Very cool feature that Yamaha added onto this receiver. Best part is the fan is hardly noticeable.

As for top temp after 5 hours of pounding, 115F at the top of the transformer and anywhere from 90 - 95 surrounding it.

Now with that out of the way, here is my big review on the Yamaha RX-V4600........and it's the short version. If you want a long winded review, read the one at Audioholics as it's fairly accurate concerning this receiver.

I'm selling my NAD and getting one of these! This is the best receiver I have played with in the last few years and that includes the Denon 3805, HK 635, Yamaha RX-V2500 and a host of others. It's very close to the NAD in terms of power but has far more useful features. Based on that alone it's a keeper.

It is so cool what you can get in a box these day's. The Pioneer 1015 was a breath of fresh air and the Yamaha is that much further ahead. I'm really starting to wonder why anybody would need separates anymore given the advances in stand alone receivers. I still have a few power amps kicking around and after hooking them up and then un-hooking them to the RX-V4600 last night, I'm not sure I even need one.