newf: the room that I am considering is about 30 x 20, but I only use part of it for my HT.

John: you are correct! I meant the Secrets review not the Audioholics.

As many of you may recall, we had a very interesting discussion on a different thread on this board about power supplies, a month or so ago. I was surprised to see that the overall power capability was only about 40 watts with all channels driven. 7 channels times 40 watts is 280 watts (actually I think that the number was closer to 38 watts per channel). 280 isn't much more than the total 2 channel capability number. My point is that there must not be much margin in the power supply. These findings, IMO, are quite consistent with the price point, power capabilities that we found/ discussed in the other thread.

I suspect that a "true" 40 watts per channel may be quite enough for me. I don't listen to music all that loud. And, I have been considering using a receiver as a pre/pro and getting a two or three channel "high" power amplifier for the fronts and possibly the center.

One of the reasons that this power rating caught my eye is that the new Outlaw receiver is "only" rated at 65 watts per channel. BUT, that rating is with ALL 7 channels driven.

In any case, the Yahama sure does look nice and your reports are very encouraging.

Keep up the reporting.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV