I haven't tried it in random mode across discs, but I suspect the C750 would be pretty slow in that mode. I can say that it will run faster fully loaded, with 5 discs in the tray, as it takes extra time to determine that there really is no disc in an empty slot. I'm out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday, but I can give it a try when I'm back on Monday.

I assume that by memory you mean the ability to save the playback point of DVD's before ejecting. If so, then yes the C750 can remember this for up to 10 discs. Normally, the playback point is saved automatically. However, if you hit the stop button twice before ejecting a disc, you can prevent the playback point from being saved into memory for that particular disc. Not sure if this answers your question.

For music playback I usually load 5 discs into the carousel and let them play sequentially, so for me the load time is a non-issue. I love the sound and video quality of this unit, and the price was right. If you're willing to spend more $$$, you can probably find a unit that loads faster though.

The upshot of slow load times is that you have time to really appreciate the process. Kinda like watching the roof of the Skydome in Toronto open reeeeaaaallly slowly...

- Kevin