Rick
Actually that would be a great idea. I think it would be a hard sell to the wife though. Number one I didn't want to spend that much on the speakers. These are intended to be an upgrade to the computer speakers. I want to get rid of the little mini's and hook my sound card up to a cheap amp. That way I could have half way decent sound. I would like to listen to Sirius satellite streams while I'm on the computer. Also the "bookcase" as I'm calling it is one of those full wall systems for the office. A center piece that is a desk with hutch flanked on either side with conceald horizontal file cabinets with lighted bookcase topppers for each. Very nice and very expensive. Now I could probably do a reasonable job of modifying the pieces but I don't think my wife would like the idea. She's being pretty goood about my wanting these so soon after getting the 60's and I don't want to press my luck. I guess I should have mentioned that I don't need reference quality sound here I would just like something a little nicer that the cheapo computer speakers.
You gots me thinking now though.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon