Alright, $300 3-foot speaker cable here, $1000 2 foot cable there, it's all relative.

I've heard numerous reviews of these high tech cable companies saying "you want your speakers to not take on the 'sound' of the cable." Whatever that means. So, I'm thinking, yea, maybe a tiny bit of improvement, but then, it hit me.

INSIDE the speaker, there are speaker cables. Now, lets say you get this super-dee-duper oxygenated whatever cable, and connect it to the speaker. Now, think about this for a second. The interconnects WITHIN the speaker are most likely plain ol' copper. Even though this run of cable is relatively short, whatever gains you expected to get by getting this super-dee-duper cable are effectively thwarted because of the interconnects within the speaker, that probably arn't oxygen free...whatever that speaker cable jargon they use.

So, hypothetically speaking, the speaker cable wire should be of the same quality but at a higher guage rating than the interconnects in the speaker. Any really high tech cable that claims to be better than copper in extending highs and lows, will just get trunicated by the copper interconnects.

I'm just wondering if my assumption is correct. I think one sentence answers such as "yes" or "no" with a tiny bit of reason will keep a war of the worlds happening to this thread as I have seen with other speaker cable threads. Maybe it's hopeless anyways.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2