In reply to:

With the red (pos), I ran the cable in the direction of the writing on the outside (reads from the amp to the speaker). On the white return (neg), I ran the lettering in the opposite direction (reads from the speaker to the amp).

This is just plain silly... conductors aren't directional - if they were... how would they know which direction to melt the copper ingot in the extruding process? "Jesus, Bill... you melted that all wrong... now the electrons are all facing the wrong way!"

In reply to:

Then I put a very gentle twist on the cables of about 9 twists for the eight foot pair that I built. Repeat for the other speaker.

For what? Common mode rejection? Not on a driven speaker cable. What's good for unshielded bit-perfect data isn't for speakers.

In reply to:

Spades? Because the cable is 6 awg, they are pretty thick.

That's just overkill unless he's running the speaker wire from a different state.

In reply to:

After all this, you may find out that the cables sound better reversed - no problem, try anything you desire.

After all, at this point you're just gooning around... try using French Toast for spades, too.

In reply to:

Break-in takes a while.

0 ms to be exact.

In reply to:

It has been observed that direction of the wire varies depending on location it is purchased - try it both ways just to be sure.

Everyone wants to think they can get that weeee little bit more out of their investment... everyone wants to be God's unique little snowflake. Better to hope your anus will issue creamy ice-cold dessert treats upon swapping ends of the cable - you've got better odds.

In reply to:

Don't think, however, that this cable will only work with one amp and one speaker - it will work with everything.

It will also work for carrying 40 amp mains loads.

In reply to:

Try it, the best speaker cables you may ever need may cost you about fifty bucks.

Or $0.35 a foot if you just close this browser window and quit trying to beat the reality of physics.

Bren R.