In reply to:

Now, I do have some CDs in bad shape from being dropped or whatever, and those, I hear the "tick tick tick" as the disk spins around and passes the scratch. That sound, I am all too familiar with, and is DIRECTLY related to the physical condition of the disc.

You shouldn't be hearing this, the disc and the pickup lens should NEVER come in contact with each other. If your player was damaged (maybe from a severely damaged disc or otherwise), it may now be causing damage to every CD you play in it. If the lens is touching the spinning disc, it could be creating very minor scratches in the same uniform ring of the disc that you aren't seeing like common scratches that are linear. I don't know that this is the case, but if it is you will want to find the cause before any more damage is done to your collection.

I suspect this just because of wide variety of CDs you are experiencing this with and in multiple players. These discs are not coming to you this way, something you have is affecting them. In my opinion.

Last edited by dllewel; 02/22/06 08:11 PM.

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/