I'm interested in the nature of BigWill's questions too. While I don't want to "step on his thread", I'd like to take the liberty of adding a similar question of my own.

My RPTV is a Mitsubishi 55" tabletop model (yeah, really). It has a really skinny "top" because it is tapered on the back. Consequently, I can't put a center channel on top without doing something overly creative. The set sits on a custom cabinet that includes space for components and an open niche in the center (under the TV) in which my current center channel sits.

The problems are that I've basically got a speaker sitting inside a wood box (diffraction and resonance horrors, no doubt - try to contain the willies if you can). And that it is only about 20" wide - to narrow to accommodate a VP150.

I'd appreciate comments about whether I am dithering unnecessarily and suggestions for any mitigating measures I might take to improve the current situation. Foam? Concrete? Stuff the surrounding and back areas with something? Hang the speaker from the inside of the "box"?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem