In reply to:

I heard alot of subjective claims from you guys about one beer being better than another. What was your methodology? Was it a blind test? Were they the same temperature?

Will, don't you play innocent with me; anybody who knows La Trappe and 6-row knows better than to try to sucker somebody into a "quality" discussion

My comments (and I think most other folks in this particular venue) obviously stem from the good old subjective personal satisfaction index. However, as with most enjoyable things, a person can take beer drinking to its clinical extreme and suck the joy right out of it. Check out the Beer Judge Certification Program Beer Style Guidelines.

I passed my BJCP exam about ten years ago and have judged in dozens of homebrew competitions. It's grueling, but somebody's got to do it. It represents a surprisingly rigorous field of study if you have the time. Blind tastings can be fun, but mostly I just drink what I like, which tends to American dark beers. Support your local brewmaster.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem