Part one of a two-part post:

I was saddened to see mdrew’s post in which he signed off of the groups, so I sent him a PM. He replied and we have come to some common ground. I wanted to mention this because I was impressed with the things he said in his congenial PM. I also imagine that other posters may be curious as to how things stand with the principals of these posts. I have also exchanged PMs with others in the last few days as I have sought feedback on these two threads (this and the “Ears” one, where part two of this post is found). I shared with mdrew some of the nice things that others have said about him in their PMs to me.

Recent posts have made it clear that politics and religion are indeed topics to beware of in forums like these. I realize that I was the one that brought God into the Brokeback thread, and while some have appreciated my views, some have not. It’s, of course, bound to be that way when discussing religion/spirituality. Believe it or not, I’ve never imagined myself a preacher or pontificator, but lately these kinds of things have been sloshing around in my head and I let them out for a bit. As a relative newbie to internet chat and forums, though, I have learned my lesson as I have watched tempers flare. Luckily, though, it appears that we have handled this bump in the road, and life on the (new and improved!) forums goes on. Thanks also to those who had kind words for me in PMs and posts regarding this issue. My intention is indeed positive.

This post continues in the “Ears” thread