Randy I ended up relocating our sub woofer from the front wall to the left mid sidewall location...made all the difference in the world and my ears along with a couple of quick graphs are proving it. After months of being bewildered by this 600 by George I do believe we've finally nailed it.

Probably the one biggest difference (besides sounding unbelievable) is that I'm finding that I no longer have an urge to turn up the juice on the sub to mentally make up for the lack of missing LFEs and sonics. What ticks me off is that whenever I placed the sub in the listening position and did the crawl I did find the left mid sidewall location sounded best but didn't believe it was *enough* of a difference to constitute moving it from the front wall...was I ever wrong! Another little item that ticks me off is that Jakeman has been telling me all along to "try a mid sidewall location" and I didn't listen.

I believe that makes Royce, Jakeman and myself with mid sidewall sub placement. I wonder if anybody else has theirs placed in that location?

Rick
Our Room

smile