I'm always interested in learning. I aspire to inclusiveness.

Quote:

I was hoping to find someone who actually knows something about physics and electrical engineering who could discuss why Axiom went DSP when low cost servo technology is available

I think Alan answered this question above. Axiom - at its heart an R&D company - believes the DSP path offers superior performance.

Quote:

However, servo feedback systems, because of their dynamic nature, offer capabilities that are beyond what's possible with a static DSP implementation. Not that this is always the best or most cost-effective design, but intrinsically it's more complex and adaptable

I'm going to suggest "debatable" here rather than "intrinsic". Your earlier comment about finding "somebody who actually knows something" leads me to think that your assertions about the "intrinsic" benefits of certain technologies may come from other sources. Care to cite them? "Technical" Forum and all that.

Quote:

a flat FR to 20 Hz at only 90dB is very good, but given the current competition, far from earth shattering performance

Are you going to suggest the alternatives by name and cite the quantifiable data, or just leave this hanging out there? What's "better"? How do YOU KNOW it's "Better"? How much does "better" cost? How are we measuring "better" this week?

Look, I'm not trying to be a hard case here. I like fun new blinky stuff that plugs in as much as the next guy. You are advocating and defending technology that is "different" - not "new" - while dancing perilously close to "Axiom doesn't know what they're doing if they're not pursuing THIS".

I liked Alan's reply. And yes, I do get grumpy before lunch.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem