That's okay, Ken. We hate you this week, too.

I read most of the thread at AVS, and actually spent a fair amount of time digesting the info at Rythmik. I thought the AVS thread was the usual train-wreck and that the Rythmik stuff was pretty compelling, in that "our products have cool technology - buy them" kind of way. Seriously, I can see that the theory behind active-servo subwoofer design is seductive. Heck, by the time I got done, I was ready to buy/build a sealed box sub just to see for myself (if I had the money, that is). I can see how a discussion of the various theories, philosophies and approaches to reproducing sonic and sub-sonic content could be interesting.

And I think the right forum for that is AVS. While there are several Axiom board regulars who are armed for the science involved, our hosts have already succinctly explained their philosophy and approach. I mean, why belabor it here? The phrase "asked and answered" comes to mind.

Those of you that are interested should check out the AVS thread and the Rythmikaudio site. Pretty cool stuff, most of which clearly dwells upon the scientific theories (which are admittedly beyond my level of expertise) rather than the demonstrable real-world impacts on my personal listening environment.

You academics go have a ball with this. I'm going to go enjoy some music instead.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem