I'd not heard of the Oppo having issues (I stay away from AVS like the plague). Oddly enough the first disc we put in, The Shawshank Redemption had some very odd issues. Often there were major blocking issues in the blacks, and there was an odd "ghost-like" image whenever there was back and forth movement, along with some other oddities that would be difficult to explain. I was starting to panic thinking that it was another bad tv.

We then put in Kingdom of Heaven and all of the issues we'd been seeing with the first disc were gone. In fact this disc looked pretty darn good!

Next up was one of my personal favorites, Fargo. Holy shnikes! Absolutely amazing picture. I've seen HD DVD and this was close...and I was sitting only about 5' away! The movie sucked us in, and we ended up watching the entire thing. Wow...can DVD look any better?

Yep...Moulin Rouge. It was getting late, so I couldn't stay for the entire movie, but my god...The first close-up of Nicole Kidman looked better than any image I've ever seen on a television.

So...where does that leave me? The issues with Shawshank were not minor, but how do you explain the next three discs? Is it the Oppo? The disc?