Quote:

Very good, Deepak, I'm sure that you'll enjoy your new speakers greatly. As to receivers such as the 1016 or 659(or Onkyo 604), there's no reason why they wouldn't work very well with your speakers, but you're now trying a 2807 which is excellent, so it's unclear why you're looking at other possibilities.

[Deepak] John, I have the funny feeling that when I return the DefTech ProCinema BestBuy is not going to let me keep the Denon for the price that I paid and I might have to purchase another receiver since they are going to ask me for full price on the Denon (1099).

When you ask about "support" for 240V, it depends on what you mean. Yamaha and most manufacturers of course sell models in other countries for operation at 240V and often have a model which has a voltage selector for 120V/240V operation, but this isn't the model sold in N.America.

[Deepak] There is a potential that I might be moving to a country where it is 240v. Does the subwoofer support 240v? Will have to look it up in the manual.

Re the auto setup, keep in mind that there're two separate parts: calibration of speaker levels and distances, etc. and a separate equalization process for room response. Results of the equalization vary, with some reporting significant improvement, while others report that it made things worse. The auto calibration, however, should be at least as accurate as could be done manually with the use of a SPL meter. The distance measurement for the sub that you describe isn't unusual, and the manual points out that the sub distance may be measured as considerably longer than the physical distance because of delays caused by the sub electronics.

[Deepak] Yeah, I will have to fiddle around with the setting and pick up a SPL meter from RadioShack. Anyone on the forum have a quick howto guide that they can point me to. I search for calibration, speaker calibration and spl but not much luck. I am a total newbie with audio/video stuff.

-Deepak

-Deepak