Quote:

Quote:

Looks like the speaker question is answered, thanks for all the input. Now the TV. The great debate Plasma vs. LCD. Since this is going in the family room with a lot of light, I thought plasma. I read many posts and it appears many of you like the Panny's. I was thinking about the 50 or 58" Panny. Is the Pioneer elite worth the money?

I would either wait for SED Technology which will be debuting in 2008.

Or go for the new Plasma Technology coming from Pioneer this summer, I would at least wait for this new plasma tech.

"At the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Pioneer has dropped a big bomb. The company claims to have developed a new plasma display panel (PDP) technology that surpasses both LCD and SED regardless of lighting conditions.

What's even more amazing is the fact that Pioneer stated that equipment used to determine contrast ratio of displays "does not have great enough range to measure Pioneer’s new display" and for that reason the company has not yet provided a contrast ratio figure for this new PDP.

Another interesting fact is the product's target launch frame. Pioneer said that this new PDP technology was originally slated for launch in time for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, just like Canon-Toshiba's SED, but now Pioneer has reviewed its schedule and it expects to have the new technology in the U.S. market this summer!

If all their claims end up to be true, plus the fact that the prices LCD televisions are going down very fast, SED could turn out to be a failure before it lauches."

Weird I was just reading this article about SED today. Seems like there's some question about SED and whether or not it will happen. SED

2xM80 VP180 2xQS8 2xM3 HSU STF3 LG 60PS11 Denon 3808 ATI 1506 LCR 2xATI 1502 Oppo BDP-83