Dear all,

I have been pondering this question all weekend, and I thought I'd post here to get your comments/suggestions.

I recently upgraded my home theater and got a new HDTV (Sony 40XBR1), which displays up to 1080i.

I need a DVD player, and was considering the new OPPO 981.

I will want a PS3 eventually for gaming as well as for watching blu-ray movies. But should I get it now since I need a DVD/SACD (and eventually game/blu-ray) player anyway?

Here are reasons that I came up with for waiting:

1) There isn't any game that I have to have right now, and I don't have any blu-ray movies yet.

2) Early adopter problems (possible hardware issues yet to be discovered/worked out). Problems with early PS1, PS2, XBOX, etc came to mind.

3) At the moment, PS3 doesn't upconvert DVDs (not clear if it ever will, or even possible).

Reasons for buying PS3 now:
1) I'll get one eventually, why not now instead of forking out an extra $230 for OPPO?

2) I'd be the coolest dude in town (ok, actually living in NYC, there are obviously tons of people with PS3's already since none can be found at any NYC retail store, but no one I know actually has one).

3) If I don't like it, I can sell it pretty easily without losing too much money in NYC where there is very little supply.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think.

Buy PS3 now or wait?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/16/07 09:18 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Jeff 2x m22ti and 1x VP150 Panasonic SA-XR55S