"great graphics..." Hmmm. I was playing a PS3 the other day at a local GameStop on about a 32" HDTV. They had some off-road style racing game running. The graphics looked like what I've seen on my PC that is now 2 years old. Only my PC doesn't "bog down" like that game did when there were more than 3 other cars on the screen. It wasn't noticable at first, until you start pulling away from the pack, and as soon as you get down to about 3 cars in front of you (instead of the whole pack of opponents) it gets noticably faster, or in other words, starts running as it should.

Granted it probably has something to do with the program code more than the PS3 capacity, but so far I haven't been impressed, but that is a side note. Personally, I wouldn't want to invest anything into the Blu-Ray camp at this point (not that I am investing in HD-DVD either, yet). You could easily end up with a pricey door stop pretty easily, especially since Sony (and their Blu-Ray camp) have been counting on the PS3 to drive Blu-Ray sales, which it hasn't.
But again, I hi-jack the thread... Sorry.

Farewell - June 4, 2020