I believe they're saying that upscaling on the PS3 could prove troublesome, since it doesn't have a dedicated hardware scaler. It would have to be done through software, and I don't know how feasible that is.

As for games, yeah, there will be a wait for decent ones. I have Resistance: Fall of Man, which seems to have the best reviews so far, and I find it to be very mediocre.

As for SACD playback, I think that has to go through HDMI? I assume you have a receiver that supports audio through that? I don't yet, so it's not doing me any good with my (admittedly limited) selection of SACDs. I really need to get a new receiver so I can get good sound out of my... one Blu-ray disc. Ha ha. I've bought over 25 or so HD DVDs, but I've only bought one Blu-ray.

I think I'll probably end up getting an Oppo for the DVD-A/SACD playback myself. I can no longer play DVD-Audio after switching my old DVD player to my second system.

A couple other impressions.... People say how quiet it is compared to the Xbox 360, but I find it to be louder than mine. They say the new Hitachi DVD drive on they're using for more recent Xbox 360s is the culprit, whereas the old Samsung wasn't such a screamer. My Xbox 360 is still too loud for my tastes, but the PS3 is even worse. It doesn't make noise when you first start it up, but once it's warm and the fans are going, it can definitely cut into the experience. The functionality overall is a bit lacking, too, next to the Xbox 360. Xbox Live Marketplace, while still not offering as much content as I'd like, has a lot more going on than Sony's so far. The web browser I find fairly pointless. I tried it for maybe 20 minutes before deciding there's no way I'd want to browse the web that way on a regular basis. As for media playback, it would be nice to be able to access stuff stored on the network somewhere. The Xbox 360 has spoiled me, so for me, the PS3 hasn't really justified itself. Blu-ray actually seems to be its most compelling feature, and I'd still rather buy HD DVDs.

C.V.