Just curious how to measure how much power is going to the speakers in my system?

Last night I hooked up the other M3 to the centre channel in parallel and it sounded AWSOME. Wow, there was no sign of current limiting (while driving all 5 channels) and I had to decrease the trim by about -5db on the centre (I am sitting about 12 feet away from the centre channel).

I then watched about 1 hour of Battle Star Gallactica (I must say that the drums that play regularly in that series sound WICKED on the M22s and the EP500 sub, frackin' eh!) with the Parallel M3s.

I was listening for any signs of distorion at all...I thought I mabey heard some, so I disconnected one of the speakers (I should add here that my wife was totally freaking out for me pausing and rewinding this one scene where I suspected the distortion). After cutting it down to one M3 the scene sounded exactly the same (I was pushing the AV reciever a bit to -20dbs for a bit to see if the RX-V659 could handle the 4ohm load on the centre, not sure how loud that is, my wife again told me to turn it down ).

There was a major diference from parallel M3s down to 1 M3, the 2 M3s in parallel sounded just so awsome, I couldn't believe it.

Back on topic in my own topic...how can I measure the power going to each channel to see how much current they are all getting?

Last edited by Hutzal; 02/02/07 05:04 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com