Quote:

Jake: I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. But, the power distribution between the fronts, rears, rear surrounds is most probably NOT equal for any music composition. This may be even more profound when signal processing is used. I have been looking for relative distribution parameters but haven't found any. The bottom line is that it is highly unlikely that all of your channels would require either maximum peak or average power at the same time.

Exactly, not equal for any music composition, its the music that dictates how much sound comes out of the speaker, so depending on what you are listening to, the power at each speaker will never be the same, constantly variable as I said before, which would be next to impossible to put a power figure on, except maximum and minimums. The power needs are always changing. You can take max and min readings for one disc/song and the next disc/song will have different readings.

But as you stated you are thinking more in terms of the power distribution of DSP settings and the amount they decide each speaker should have when in Jazz or Arena modes. I would bet that each manufactureer has their own set of parameters and they would be very hard to find. I guess you could try using a steady input source and then measure each speaker to see how much each gets during each mode.

And thanks for math lesson John. I can never remmeber those formulas for very long.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70