Okay.

Right now, I have an Yamaha RX-V557 reciever powering my entire setup.

Recently, I've been doing a lot of serious stereo listening, and recently I've been wondering if my M22's could sound better.

Right now, I want a little less simblance and more clarity at louder volumes. It seems when I go to a pumping volume, my M22's get a little muddy and things get sloppy. There just comes a point in my listening sessions where the high end has some sharp edges and simblance on "sss" sounds and the like. You know the story. Of course, it is somewhat recording-dependent...but all recordings share some of the same traits.

I have an SPDI/F Output to my Reciever from my computer. I'm running all lossless quality music.

My plan (if I get a stereo amp) is to hook up the Recording L/R output of the receiver to the M22's (I don't have dedicated preouts for each speaker), feed them the full range signal, and let my HSU STF-2 pick up on the low end that is sent to it.

Should I try that with a new amp...or does it sound like M3ti's are better suited for my ears?

Again...think college student budget. I'll consider stuff from $100-500, but I'll probably end up buying a used amp somewhere. Just want some recommendations.

Thanks guys! I look forward to hearing some good advice :-)

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2