I'll start by saying that the other's are probably right. Yamaha makes good receivers and there's nothing difficult about driving m22's. Are you in a dorm room? Small space + good receiver + easy to drive speakers = not a power problem. If it's a cinder-block dorm room with hard tile floors, room acoustics could be the problem. A 'bright' room will affect the way the speakers sound. Try a couple of heavy rugs or some sort of wall treatment to 'warm up' the room acoustically.

However, to answer your question, you could look into Emotiva's RPA-1 2-channel amp. I don't know much about what people think of it, so you'd need to research it a bit to see if it would work for you. It is almost in your price range and I'm extremely happy with my LPA-1, so the RPA-1 ought to be fantastic since it's a step above the LPA. Probably overkill for m22's, but I honestly believe that my m22's sound better (more bass, more presence, more depth to the music) when powered by my LPA-1 vs. my Pioneer Elite receiver. Just one village idiot's opinion, so don't take it as fact.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 03/22/07 03:47 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office