I have also done the sub crawl a while back and the best position for the sub in my room is halfway up the side wall. That is where the bass response is best.

The issue is not related to my sub but the bass of my mains. When I have my sub engaged, and calibrated at 80db with the rest of the system, the overall bass response is "acceptable". Movies are not an issue, plenty of LFE and Bass to go around in movies. But.. and here is the really crux of the matter, when I disengage my sub, my mains sound incredibly anemic and not just because the sub is no longer playing. There is a bass robbing force at work in that room. The sub powers through it because is has the power to do that. About 2 months ago, I decided that my mains were not up to the task so I started the search to replace them. I have Energy Veritas 2.3s which are comparable to the M80s in terms of size/drivers etc.. sound characteristics is another thing and they probably sound different than the M80s, but for intents and purpose, they are decent floorstanding speakers. A fellow Axiom forum member, Kyle, sugested that I move the speakers in another room and see if they still had a lack of bass. I moved them upstairs in the living room, connected my multimedia player to my 2 channel amplifer and played bass heavy content. I was totally blown away by how much bass these speakers were pumping out. Huge amount of clean and tight bottom end.. brought them back to the basement, bass is gone. So, my experimentation has shown that the speakers are fine, the room is not.

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400