My current room is absolutely horrible on paper but most people still say this is the best system they have ever heard. My room is almost perfectly square, It's basement so one wall is concrete, hard laminate flooring, we still have not picked out a rug for in front of the couch, still have no curtains on the two windows, only one small bookshelf and very few wall decorations. Worst of all it still doesn't have a beer fridge.

However, coming from a crappy HTIB system, it still amazes me. However, now that I am more educated and starting to understand what my ears are telling me, I am aware of a real weakness in mid level bass from the subwoofer. (I even bought an inexpensive meter to confirm and play around with.) It's getting canceled out in most parts of the room, including where we sit. I can bring it back, somewhat, by turning the EP500 trim to Full but then the louder bottom end bass becomes very rattly and draws your eyes directly to the subwoofer.

In short, I'm a far cry from commenting on a 'treated' room because I still have to put in a lot of basic, natural treatments that are definitely missing. After that, I won't be adding any expensive, dedicated treatments as this room as is a temporary space until I get the 'planned' HT room finished that will be much more conducive to better sound.

The great part is I'm in no rush because I'm only just starting to appreciate what I am missing. This gives me time to learn and plan ahead so keep talkin!!!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.