Quote:

Here we go again. Yes, of course, study the charts showing the measurements of frequency response, off axis response, yadayada ... I've owned M2s (the newest ones) M3Tis and M22s. My personal favorite for music - the M3s. I actually relied on JohnK's advice and picked up my M2s to use as back surround speakers. I don't think they worked that well in that position. I much prefer the QS8s in either (and both) the side and back surround positions.

So, I tried the M2s for 2 channel music (with a sub) and have to say I much preferred the M3s. I'm not going to say anything bad about the M2s because I'm sure they are better than anything in their price range and because of my affection for Axiom loudspeakers in general ... and in all fairness, I think the M2s would shine in comparison to just about any other speaker in its range other than the wonderful Axiom M3Tis.

Just so you get a sense of my taste, so you can better evaluate (or discount) my opinion, I've had M50s, spent some time listeing to M60s and all in all my favorite Axiom loudspeaker is the M3Ti which I think is their best all around big-bang for the buck outstanding loudspeaker.

See thats what I don't understand. WHY do you like the m3s better, crossed at 80 hz the extra bass of the m3 shouldnt matter. Is the sound fuller above that? Warmer? Grr, its only 30 bucks so I don't care about the price difference but I want to get the right speaker. Maybe the m22 is the answer