The problem with the poll, Amie, is that those who've never had their sets calibrated have no basis for comparison. Even if they've seen a calibrated set, unless they've been able to compare it to the same set before calibration, they aren't able to say if there was an improvement or not.

They certainly can tell you if they are completely happy with the improvements they made themselves, but that is no indication they wouldn't be happier, or not, with an ISF calibrated TV.

What would be helpful is if those who've had their sets calibrated would tell us if they preferred the change, didn't like the change, or didn't really notice much difference.

In that spirit, I'll tell you that, yes, I feel there was an definite improvement. An ISF calibrated HDTV, being set to a cooler temperature (i.e lower light output), is usually much easier on the eyes and extends the life of the bulb (if any), and the HDTV itself. And, I find the black levels are improved, and colors are more natural and true.

The only complaint I have about having an ISF calibrated HDTV (other than the price of calibration ) is that, in some cases, that lower light output causes a few (and only a few) HDTV shows/movies, and a few DVDs, to seem a bit darker than I'd like. However, the fact that my DLP bulb slowly and moderately dims over time may have something to do with that, and why it is recommended that HDTVs be calibrated every year.

Other than that, I've been happy enough with the improvements of ISF calibration to have my first HDTV calibrated twice, and my current HDTV calibrated once, with its second calibration due this November. Others, including you, may feel differently.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton