This thread inspired me to Calibrate my Toshiba 46H84 46" Projection with the Avia CD I previously just used audio sections from.

All my adjustments were within roughly 15% of where I already had it set but I'm thinking I saw greater than 15% improvement. Hard to put a number on it but I am pleased.

Colors seem more natural and I thought I had it pretty good before. I wouldn't say that the clarity improved but things do look sharper overall.

I still have one thing that bugs me though. Even in HD, when there is a large area of a washed out color, say a grey or light blue sky, I see sort of a hazy flickering. Not a flashy light kind of flickering but your eyes can see very feint movement in the colors, probably at an individual pixel level. In the lower end of the non-HD, like older TV shows, it's down right a digitization effect almost.

It seems to be more in the processing than the picture settings. I'm usually the only one who notices it unless I tell people to look for it but once you know it's there, it's disappointing. If anyone has advice, I'd be glad to hear it. If this is the sort of thing professional calibration can remove, I might even consider it.

Seems to be TV related as it happens with both the satellite Dish and DVD providing signals. Existed on my old Sat. receiver as well.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.