Going into the service menu is something that i HAD to do at one point. Not long after we received the tv, i noticed green and red fringing around the edges of shoulders and corners. A thorough search on the HTSpot revealed the flaw for RPTVs and their convergence issues. Although the tvs have a 9 point convergence which is accessible by the regular menu, it did not solve the problem. After reading more on HTSpot, i found information regarding my exact model and how to go into the service menu and setup the 56 point convergence calibration.
Now THAT made a huge difference and it is the only tweak i continue to check every few months. Two other friends of mine with similar models have since asked for the instructions to do this with their Toshibas.
I did recheck my colour, tint, etc. settings with the S&V disc recently, but it appears that all those settings are still fine.

I have read about some ppl who've had the ISF calibrators come in though and do alot more than these kinds of steps including adding ultra black felt lining to the inside of the cabinet, removing the anti glare screen, focusing lenses and setting black levels more accurately. I suppose if i looked hard enough for information and took apart some of the tv (now that we are 5 years after buying, 4 years past warranty), i could probably do most of these tweaks myself. I really don't know if they are worth $400 to have someone else do it, unless i really get that lazy.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."