Quote:

Those sound like nice amps. I've been doing lots of separates research since beginning this thread, and increasingly, that is the conclusion I'm coming to in general. I'd really like to see what comes out on the processor market in the next few months to a year though before making a processor purchase. I'm contemplating returning my Onkyo 805 and going back to my 8 year old Onkyo TS-DS777 to use as a processor for the time being. It doesn't have near the options that the new 805 has, but I can live with that for awhile.

I recall an issue I had in car audio with pre-out voltage for some head units not supplying enough power for higher end amps. Nowadays a lot of the car amps, for instance my JL Audio models, have input sensitivity switches to deal with the sometimes wide variance in pre-out voltage. The pre-outs on my 777 are 1V / 470 ohms. I recall the Outlaw 7500 saying it wanted 1.4 ish volts input for full rated output. Is this a figure that's going to differ by a lot from amp to amp? As far as I can recall, I don't see input sensitivity options on any of these home theater amps.

Before I picked up the Integra DTC 9.4, I used an Onkyo 797 front end as the processor for the separate amps. I never did an A/B comparison but I think I could have saved myself about $1700 and stayed with the 797.

I love Outlaw products, but I have a friend with the Outlaw 200 w monoblocks and they just don't seem to be a great match for the M60s. Could be my friend's room, or some other variable.

On the other hand, I have another friend with the Outlaw 5.1 receiver I think it was the 1050 or 1060, (65 wpc) and it is an incredible match with his M60s.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.