Quote:

Haylo,

if you are not really on a budget, I would recommend the new Axiom A1400-8 (8 channel amp) especially for your huge 8000cu.ft. room.

This amp will drive your speakers NO problem, and now since you are an Axiom owner, you may be able to phone into Axiom and get the pre-order price (which is now expired at the end of July). The amp has 1400 watts into 8 channels, fully digital and can dump the whole load into 1 channel if needed at any moment. I think the pre-order price was $2900 USD? I forget.

You must be a telepath because that's exactly what I did today. I spoke with Brent and he said the first run was sold out but that I could have the one he'd purchased for the pre-order price. I read the long thread with all the talk about specs, and what intrigues me most is the ability you mention for the amp to dump a ton of power into one channel. So now it's just a waiting game!

I was also looking at Outlaw and Rotel, and I read up on Odyssey which looked like a great "bang for the buck" amp. I'm hoping I made the right choice by going with a brand new product. I'd not even have considered it, but the quality of the speakers I just purchased, Axiom's great CS and the 5 year warranty on the amp pushed me over the edge.

FYI - I'm not sure that it's published, but when I asked Brent about the length of the warranty he sent me an e-mail stating that it will be 5 years. No details other than that at this time.

A: Epic 80 * 600 / Integra DTC-9.8 / A1400-8
V: Samsung HL-S6187W / Tosh HD-XA2 / PS3 / Oppo 970HD