Hutzal,

I am getting the same feeling with my Onkyo 805 vs. the older 777. The 805 has a lot more DSP modes plus the PLIIx and DTS Neo variants, but when I use the modes that were also on my 777 I'm hard pressed to tell any difference.

I unhooked all my Axioms for the time being until I get my new A1400-8. I have been playing around with my old Infinity RS5's and the 805 receiver, and I am pretty sure that the front left channel is clipping at much too low a level (~65db at listening area). I tested two speakers I'm confident are in good operating condition and was able to replicate the issue with both speakers on the same source material. I don't have any equipment to test the amp directly, but I'm going to hook my 777 up just to make sure I'm not crazy.

Regardless, the 805 is most likely a few days away from being boxed back up and returned. I really like some of the features, but I'm thinking it's best to let HDMI 1.3 bake for awhile as I'd like to get a dedicated pre/pro for my next major purchase... of course in doing that the HDMI spec will be updated most likely twice before the companies that take their time with R&D get products to market; rinse and repeat.

A: Epic 80 * 600 / Integra DTC-9.8 / A1400-8
V: Samsung HL-S6187W / Tosh HD-XA2 / PS3 / Oppo 970HD