I would look for a old used pusher with a B&S motor. My original pusher (my Dad gave it to me) had a B&S motor on it and is close to 25 years old, if not older. I gave it back to him about three years ago since I needed one with the large wheels on the back. My current mower with a B&S motor as well, was rescued from a trash pile in the front of a guy's house. (I checked with him before taking it.) The only problem was that he let condensation build up in the gas tank. Emptied the tank and cleaned the carb and good as new. I just check the oil before I use it each time and add as needed. I change it twice a year.

I also have a Craftsman rider that the owner of my current house left behind. The only problem was that the tires were flat. 17 plugs later, I have a perfectly good mower. I also check the oil before each use and change twice a year. I also sharpen the blades on both about every three months. I prefer to use the push mower for excercise since I hate running on a treadmill. Takes me about 1 1/2 hours to push the first acre (on a slope) plus weedeating and blowing and another hour to ride the second acre (open field). Don't know why I've never thought about putting a beer holder on the rider. DOH!