Okay, so this sucks. I was only able to take one picture. My camera decided to freak out NOW of all times. When I turn it on, the image is dark and tinted red. Here's the picture, though:

Just a few general impressions. Right off, it seemed to play cleaner at the louder listening levels. The sound can still fall apart a little bit in certain situations, but I'm sure that's the combination of poor room acoustics and the limitations of the speakers themselves. Needless to say, there's no scientific weight behind any of this. I'll just echo what I've heard other people say who've gone to separates. It seems to play cleaner at louder levels, with detail I hadn't heard before, and overall, just more authority. That said, I can't be positive it's not simply psychological. I wasn't really expecting a vast improvement in my medium-sized room, and I didn't get one. Just a bit better, but I'm happy with the difference so far.

Oh, and for those who didn't know, I have the A1400-8 paired with an Integra DTC-9.8 via balanced XLR cables (thanks again, JohnK for finding the great price on the cables).

Hopefully I can borrow my parents' camera this weekend and take more pictures.