Well,

After much research and study, I'm ready for the warmer M3's for the fronts and QS4's for the surrounds, but have become indecisive (see display) as to where to mount the mains. I'm trying to get ahead on the install (wiring\shelving) in my "Theater Room" (actually a great\family\entertainment room) of the 5.1 SS system (EP500 already in the house), in particular the fronts L-C-R, and am curious what you might suggest!

After 9 months of searching, I finally found an Entertainment Center that fits my big 67" DLP. Actually, I had to shim the left\right piers 1\8" on either side to get it to squeeze in, but it really does fit the display...Like a Glove!

Here's a pic with the new home entertainment center in place along the 20' wall. With the double doorways, there's 2' on either side for corner placement of the mains. As the center speaker will be mounted on top the EC, shelving in the corners (to be installed at the same 7' height) to support the mains could help project the sound-stage above the room decor (couch, chairs, etc.).

However, I wonder how the L-C-R fronts would sound-stage with all 3 set on top the entertainment center, with a total spread between the mains of about 9'. This would be simple and easy, but do you think the idea of corner room shelf placements for the mains would work\sound better for this room, in particular with a rear-ported enclosure (M3's)? My listening\viewing position is about 18' away. Neither setup scenario will be a great solution for music, but should work well for movies (95% of viewing\listening).

Rest of the room (4840cf) can be viewed by clicking on the posted image!

Any comments or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ted

p.s. Please, no "cube" flaming...they just came with the house...ready to upgrade my 5.0 audio-In a Big Way!

Samsung 67" DLP 1080P * 2-Axiom EP500 PSW's * Emotiva UT Series Amps * Acoutimass 15's 5.1 = WOW!