Mojo,

Power levels, hmmmm? With most of my 5.1 HD-DVD movie soundtracks, dynamic music\sound effects will hit clean 100-105db peaks, with nominal averages of 80-85db reference levels. This equates to a pre-pro (LMC-1) setting of about 45-50 on it's scale of 0-80. I use to hear my Sony ES 100-watt receiver strain, become compressed and harsh trying to achieve these levels. But the UT Emotiva setup Remains clear, uncompressed and Always musical and dynamic! Even though the LPA-1 is just 25% more rms power (<1db), I clearly discern 5db-6db more of dynamic and open headroom (big power supply)!

As far as midrange, the cubes are eq'ed by the acoustimas module. I've been around stereo a long time (ADS studio monitor systems, Paradigm, Boston Acoustics, Pro Hafler, HK) and I've not found any drop outs with the full range cubes, just lack of detail, clarity and extension. The EP500 SURE livened up the bottom end, though!

Robb,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've heard the M80's in a big, well setup room with Great power, but didn't care for their top end signature (sibilant, bright and fatiguing). Since M22's & M60's have similiar signatures, thought the warmer M3's (similar to M50's, but will fit in my room best) should work just fine. If the Bose can fill the room, for sure 5-M3's should blow them away!!

Mike,

Appreciate the very kind comments, we both love the great room. Yes, the EC is big, but that is what we wanted to fit the large display, hold all the gear and hide 500+ DVD's (still need to modify the L\R bottom cabinets). Your "custom speaker" suggestion is a great idea, certainly could help the HT blend in with the room decor! Seems you too understand the "SHMBO" survival slogan real well.

Nick,
DITTO!

Thanks for the great inputs,
Ted

Samsung 67" DLP 1080P * 2-Axiom EP500 PSW's * Emotiva UT Series Amps * Acoutimass 15's 5.1 = WOW!