Sushi: NOW i am officially confused =)

I am not sure at what dB it is set at while watching movies. The volume knob...however that translates to dB...is set at 50 on a scale of 90 being loudest, 0 being softest.

Now this MORE than loud enough for action scenes. Scarily loud at times. On dialog only scenes, it just seems suppressed. Now of course I know it is something I am doing....just havent narrowed down what.

I tuned via the Video Essentials DVD. The pink noise did seem adequately loud going through the 5.1 setup, but as you said, was very tolerable.

I went home, put the pink noise on, both tweeters definitely were working, so I would say that rules out that. Of course I forgot to check the volume levels on the receiver (d'oh!), but I am assuming it is on a scale of +12 to -90 like yours.

Now I know if I have my receiver turned up to -25dB, it will be ungodly loud during most of the movie. I guess I am just stuck straining to listen during those "quiet scenes". I am in an apt, so I can not turn it up to I guess what you say is adequate levels.

So is life I guess =/