>>After looking some more I am leaning toward an SVS sub. Probably on their lower end so it fits my budget. But who knows, maybe Santa will bring something to help out there.

Just remember that "lower end" subs (ie like the ones most of us own) have to make more compromises than the higher end subs, and that's where your intended use starts to make even more difference. The lower end SVS subs seem to be optimized more towards movies, so their bass output is fantastic but not as "tight"**. For a primarily-music system you might want to look at the HSU and Axiom subs over SVSes.

** "tight" in this context means the ability to deal with bass signals which start and stop rapidly, eg. drums. The SVS subs seem to get relatively more bass output from the cabinet and port, which gives them a performance edge on movies, but since the port doesn't *stop* resonating instantly you can get some "hangover" on musical content. This isn't a black and white thing, just that at the low end SVS tends to lean a bit more towards big resonant cabinets while HSU and Axiom tend to lean a bit more towards less resonant cabinets and hence tighter musical performance.

I own an SVS by the way.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8