>>I now realize how much there is to learn about subs. Thanks for the advice -- now I don't know what to do.

Don't let us worry you too much. We're just trying to give you as much info as possible before you purchase so you aren't always wondering afterwards if you bought the right sub. We're talking about relative nuances here -- but if you're like us those nuances can sometimes keep you up at night after making the purchase decision.

>>Maybe go for Hsu VTf-2?. My budget is $500-600 (shipping/tax incl)

Yeah -- for your room, budget and listening preferences I would probably lean towards the VTF-2 Mk 3. The new EP350 v3 is also looking very good but doesn't quite fit your budget, and the EP-175 is supposed to be real nice for music but probably won't keep up with the VTF-2 for movies. Note that the Hsu Mk2 and Mk3 are very different subs.

Only issue is if you have any kind of deep carpet in the listening room -- I always find the Hsu spikes / feet are too short to keep the woofer out of the carpet pile. If you lived in Canada you could just put the sub on four hockey pucks but I don't know what you would do south of the border.

Last edited by bridgman; 12/15/07 05:51 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8