Quote:
Originally Posted By: autoboy

So far, I regard this website as being highly accurate technically.

Well folks, we've fooled another one. ;\)

I was actually talking about the Secrets of Home Theater HIFI websites.

Now, I'm pretty sure that nobody here knows what they are talking about. :P

Seriously though, I appreciate your responses, but your explanation just doesn't assuage my fears enough. The way I thought it worked was that each channel was crossed over separately and that the LFE was never crossed over. Each channel's bass was redirected to the subwoofer. The other method just doesn't make any sense to me, but they sound so convinced that multiple crossovers are a bad thing, and they have been very informative in the articles I've read. Their "Bass Management Woes: Trouble on the Slopes" article is also very good and has me worried that not only am I screwed if I use multiple crossover frequencies, but that the fact that I use near full range towers means that I have a bump in output around 90hz (if I crossover mains at 90 like I do now cause of that article). I'm almost so frustrated that I'm considering some M2s for my mains so I can just cross them at 90 and never worry again. I've always wondered what the difference would be b/w m60s crossed at 90 and I've come close to ordering them just to see.