How about the top of the line Integra pre + Axiom amp vs. the new Denon 5308? I think the separates win out on value (though you do have to buy more cables, takes up more space, might need outlet upgrade and/or add'l power conditioning/surge protection unit, etc). What surprises me is that the 5308 does not offer more of a jump in power over the next two lower model Denon receivers. If one can do w/o all the fancy features, seems the raw, clean power champ of receivers would be the new NAD T785. It's "FTC equivalent" power rating is 190/channel (the wattage you'd typically use to compare w/ Denon/Pioneer Elite/Yamaha and so on). The video and audio boards are modular and upgradeable, so it would likely be able to catch up on the latest lossless formats. Right this moment, however, seems you'd be hard pressed to beat what the T785 promises for sound quality of all that it can process. Street price is $2,400 (retail $3,000). I guess I'm more than intrigued. I have not listened to it, but I plan to soon.