Wow, thanks guys for all of the advice. I have been thinking about this for months. At first I was going to be totally replacing my tv that I love and I needed it to be able to everything well, but now my wife asked if I could put the screen in front of the tv and use it for movies. GAASSSPPP!!!! DID she just say what I think she said!!!! COOL!!! I getta keep it and I can concentrate on using this for just movies. THAT makes things much easier. I won't feel as bad making a decision. Now back to the question at hand. Epson ub Sanyo, or the Panny 2000. The sanyo is said to be more sharp than the ub and since it is just going to be used primarily for movies and games in a completely light controlled environment this would seem to be the way to go, BUT and there is a big but or (BUTT) Sanyo has a wacky policy of if you get a crappy unit you have to keep that one and send it in for repair. WHAT!!! So do I roll the dice and hope I get a good one??? Then there is the Panny, Brighter, not as sharp, but better blacks and about the same as the ub pricewise. Again, better projector, but seem to be issues with it from other forums and their turnaround for the projector seems to not be that great?? So that leaves the epson, which has better blacks, better return policy, but higher price? Can I afford the stretch for the price? Is the projector worth the difference between the Sanyo in a completely light controlled room? Why do projector vendors have to have such short trial times? A couple hours is NOT enough time to figure out if the picture is acceptable in my opinion. Also it seems so strange that I can look at pictures on other forums that are from lower end 720 models and they look absolutely stunning and then I can see pics from a much more expensive that looks crappy, then go back and see a lowerend model that looks crappy? Then a high end model that looks great!!! So what's up? Making these kinda decisions when your a "doubting Thomas" ( I like to SEE what I am buying) makes this so hard. So after hearing a little more of my situation. What do you all think??
Thanks alot!!!

7.1 theater room
60 fronts vp180 center 4 qs8's ep500 sub

3.0 tv room
m3's vp150 center