Currently, my shortlist for an LCD projector under $3000 is the following. All are similarly priced around the $2600 to 2700 mark.

Panasonic PT-AE2000U
Sanyo PLV-Z2000
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema

The AE2000 wins on paper and also wins in any comparative review I have read. It's also the brightest which is nice as my wife likes a tiny bit of light on and did I mention my food stealing dog who thinks he is Batman when the lights go out?

My mind was pretty made up but finding a place to order it and also retain a simple Warranty for Canada is proving difficult. Many places will ship to Canada but warranty discussions get iffy.

Projector Point, which seems to be a well respected online dealer, will ship to Canada but prefer I use their Canadian affiliate. Paul @ ReelingAround. His web page seems rather Mom & Popish and he hasn't responded to my email inquiry (only 24hrs now) but I can find forum discussions where people were happy with their purchase experiences.

1st question. Anyone dealt with him?

2nd Question. Anyone know a Canadian reseller for the Panny model.

Going to the next two choices, it's a tough call. However, currently Epson.ca (Canadian YAY!)is offering a $300 mail in rebate PLUS a free lamp for their model and I will get the warranty for sure.

I find great comments and reviews on this model as well. It falls a little short number wise on paper compared to the Panny but certainly nobody is complaining about anything about the picture out there.

The $300 dollar rebate plus a free lamp almost has me abandoning the search for the AE2000.

Question 3. Anyone care to comment on the Epson deal verses the slightly better projector but major headache to buy, dilemma?

Both actual experience and just general opinions are both very welcome at this point.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.